Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

That came out of nowhere. Unreal finish from Canelo, two cracking shots to the temple before the clean right to the jaw. Peach.

Not that it matters now obviously, but he should have been rounds behind on the cards, his pressure was good but he was doing nothing to back it up, so was dropping almost every round through not working. I had it 7-3 after the 10. That two of the judges had him ahead is horrible.

I have decided to delete my recording of this fight without watching it.

f**k Canelo. At a time when we have had a spate of young fighters dying, to f**k about with someones rehydration after making a weight limit in order to gain a conpetitive advantage is vile cowardice o the highest order.

Wont be watching another Canelo fight. Have had enough. Horrible little piece of shit and Oscar is as bad.

23 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

This is Helen Lovejoy nonsense. Kov is big enough and ugly enough to make his own decisions, and there will be enough medical professionals ok’ing it to mean there’s basically no additional risks. 

Na f**k that. Doctors cant quantify how likely dehydration is to result in a brain injury before the fact and weight drain/gain has been a huge concern for fighter safety for a long time, hence no longer doing same day weigh ins, but all of that aside, my biggest gripe is Canelos constant diva antics. Even in this fight they tried to keep that shite a secret. He is a shitehouse, and the idea of limiting rehydration is one I have always found repugnant. 

I know you enjoy a shithouse and I do too sometimes, but not in a sport where there are already rules in place re weight to wnsure even match ups and a best-man-win fight. Canelo has no respect for the fans or the sport and I have no respdct for him. He is a very good fighter and could be great, but I wont be watching him anymore. 

7 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Surely the bigger dangers are the dehydration process in the first place and then another danger for Canelo if Kov piles back on the lb’s and ends up fighting a man a stone heavier than him? 
Weight bullying is surely more dangerous than not allowing Kov to pile on the LB’s the day before the fight? 

It’s not about me enjoying shithouse tactics, which you are right, I normally absolutely do, I genuinely don’t see much wrong with what he’s done here. He’s the money maker, Kov doesn’t have to take the fight. 

You are right. But boxing has a long and storied history of fighters being treated in such a way by those around them so as to end up not making the correct decisions for their health and wellbeing so its not as simple as saying Kov doesnt have to take the fight. 

Dehydration to make weight is of course the root of the problem, which boxing attempted to mitigate as a sport by removing same day weigh ins, the is because it reduced the ability to rehydrate effectively which is what Canelo introduced into the mix. This is the same level of  low order sporting integrity that catchweights are except this one has pretty dangerous health implications. 

For me, if you cant fight at 175 without bullshit clauses then you dont belong at 175, which there is of course, no shame in. But its also a bit of straw that broke the camels back. Canelo has been doing this shit his entire career and I am sick to the back teeth of the little p***k. 

Also like to add to the above that Canelo has been busted for juicing, and resignedd from VADA as soon as his mandatory testing period following that bust was over, meaning the likiehood is that he is still juicing.
For me as Good a a fighter as canelo is there is always an angle to gain an advantage. His resume is padded as f**k and he is very careful in who he fights.

In short he is a cheating c**t. If he thinks he is a legitimate super/light heavy why doesn't he fight smith ir beterbiev.

I'd honestly be staggered if Alvarez ever gets a unanimous decision against him in Vegas. I had Kovalev three up, but that was a hell of a shot.

7 hours ago, Comrie said:

I'd honestly be staggered if Alvarez ever gets a unanimous decision against him in Vegas. I had Kovalev three up, but that was a hell of a shot.

Not a good night for the integrity of judging between Vegas and Manchester.
Canelo being ahead on 2 of the cards at the time of the stoppage is genuinely unbelievable, I would love to rewatch the fight with those judges and let them explain what it was that happened that allowed some of those early rounds to go to Canelo. 

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

I assume that due to Inoue vs Donaire being on Thursday morning that it won't be on TV here anywhere?

Im sure I seen it’s being streamed live on YouTube, I assume the WBSS YouTube channel. 

Edit - I’m wrong it only seems to be getting streamed on DAZN. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

Also like to add to the above that Canelo has been busted for juicing, and resignedd from VADA as soon as his mandatory testing period following that bust was over, meaning the likiehood is that he is still juicing.
Likely ? The guy has doubled in size in a few years. He's clearly on the juice and has been for a while.

1 hour ago, AUFC90 said:
23 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Likely ? The guy has doubled in size in a few years. He's clearly on the juice and has been for a while.

Yeah I was trying to avoid absolutes but for what little its worth, you get no argument from me there. 

The only thing I would add is that for me it sometimes depend when someone is busted. To give you an example.... I believe it stands to reason that Margarito was always plastering his wraps, because look at the way he beat Cotto, but also the fact that Cotto was a machine pre Marg. Why would you NOT cheat for the bighest fight of your life against wrecking machine Miguel Cotto, then cheat against utterly spent, looked like dogshit against Mayorga Shane Mosley....

Canelo got popped rematching someone who most thought beat him, so I would say its credible that he elected to try something extra for the rematch. 

But not as credible as him being a horrible cheating diva c**t who seeks every advantage he can in the public domain, so why wouldnt he in the privacy of the gym too. 

They are all on drugs. It's just a matter of degree between cycling and cutting or going all out Jarrell Miller.
Were you a GGG fanboy by any chance Bairnardo?

Firstly, I am aware of the "they are all on drugs" stance. It might be true, but since a relatively low number get popped, its probably conspiratorial bullshit. I dont have a horse in that race really, but you saying it makes it far less credible.

And no, not a fanboy. Havent been a fanboy of anyone since Hatton really. Not sure what that has to do with my post though.

Half the top heavyweights have failed tests despite the testing system being an absolute joke. No one in the sport seems to care which is a sign it's accepted and you have plenty of people on the training side like Ingle and Ariza who are known to be dirty but continue on in the sport. 

Just on a common sense verdict would anyone gun to head say that AJ, Wlad, Canelo, Manny Pac or Floyd were clean during their whole careers? The drugs exist, if they are used with intelligence there is no downside to using and a massive upside. The irrational choice is not to use them.

It's not just boxing. All sport is about TV deals and advertising contracts. Everything is sports entertainment. The public turn a blind eye to guys like Farah and Froome, people act like Tom Brady and Federer are completely normal. The cat is never going back in the bag. 

Evidence please, H_B.
Should be good.
Half the top heavyweights have failed tests despite the testing system being an absolute joke. No one in the sport seems to care which is a sign it's accepted and you have plenty of people on the training side like Ingle and Ariza who are known to be dirty but continue on in the sport. 
Just on a common sense verdict would anyone gun to head say that AJ, Wlad, Canelo, Manny Pac or Floyd were clean during their whole careers? The drugs exist, if they are used with intelligence there is no downside to using and a massive upside. The irrational choice is not to use them.
It's not just boxing. All sport is about TV deals and advertising contracts. Everything is sports entertainment. The public turn a blind eye to guys like Farah and Froome, people act like Tom Brady and Federer are completely normal. The cat is never going back in the bag. 
Or not.

Holy f**k

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

Hi H_B,

In future, to save us all some time, please just reply with "I have no evidence to back -up my claims".

Kind regards

J_Stewart