Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

On 24/10/2019 at 19:27, J_Stewart said:

Yes. Prograis is very good, but I have a feeling this could be another Calzaghe v Lacey.

This gets mentioned pretty much every time a British fighter fights an unbeaten American.

On 25/10/2019 at 00:10, BingMcCrosby said:

You got your first look after the Ohara Davies fight, it was a nasty build up by both of them. But Taylor was so undignified in victory. It was sad.

Don't see any problem with this, if fighters act the c**t before a fight and they don't like each other why should that change after the fight ? I'd rather have that than the fake beef shite that Matchroom pump out every time 2 of their fighter fight each other to try and sell the fight.

Should be a great fight though, proper 50/50. Edging slightly towards Taylor as long as he boxes him and doesn't get involved in a scrap like he seems to always do. Progais has good head and upper body movement but Taylor's jab should be good enough to deal with that, excellent body work as well. I'd be surprised if either guy won by complete blow out or wide decision but i'll got with Taylor points or maybe a late stoppage if he can hurt him, don;t really know how good Prograis chin is.

Like others, find it really difficult to warm to Taylor. In this fight, especially difficult given the contrast - Prograis seems such a good, thoughtful person that it's such a sharp contrast. 

Should be a good night's boxing. Hopefully burns has enough left in the tank to beat Selby as well. Big ask though.

18 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Just have a feeling Chisora is so unhinged just now he could do something stupid like get a DQ from punching him in the balls or nutting him. 

I think he actually seems quite focused and he's taking PR advice from Haye who is the absolute king of manipulating UK fans. Haye also seems to have improved his power.....

After Chisora sparks Price later it'll be interesting to see who he calls out. 

How has Selby not even been warned yet. Continually punching behind the head, after the bell, use if the forearm. The ref has been pish.

I only saw it from the 7th but thought this, a lot of pushing from Shelby.

Thought Burns was going to pull a Chavez-Taylor last second finish.