Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Wilder could knock Usyk out, he'd lose every second of every round before it but there's a decent chance it could happen, i'd give Wilder at least 40% chance against anyone just because of that power. Fury is the hardest fight for him no doubt, he'd absolutely play with Joshua. My only disappointment in Joshua getting exposed against Ruiz was that it wasn't Usyk who done it.

Right lads, who let H_B out of the politics forum? It’s ok, I’ll give him some attention and maybe he’ll go away.

Hiya H_B, we see you pal, we see you. You don’t have to try so hard pal, we’ll give you some attention pal. Hope this helps pal.

Wilder could knock Usyk out, he'd lose every second of every round before it but there's a decent chance it could happen, i'd give Wilder at least 40% chance against anyone just because of that power. Fury is the hardest fight for him no doubt, he'd absolutely play with Joshua. My only disappointment in Joshua getting exposed against Ruiz was that it wasn't Usyk who done it.

Yeah no matter what Wilder will always have a chance against anyone. Stunned that anyone would ever write him off completely.

Absolute shambles that Gvodzyk v Beterbiev doesn't appear to be on telly here. Potential to be the fight of the year. Fucking shite.

Hard to emphasise how good a fight that is, hope the winner fights Bivol. Disgraceful that it hasn’t been picked up, instead we’re stuck with some shite YouTuber fight and Matchroom Italy.

That TopRank triple header looks decent. Conlan gets his chance for revenge on Nikitin. Neither of them have looked particularly great as pros but Conlan has had a lot more fights. Commey-Lopez is an excellent fight with two highly skilled punchers. Crawford should smash Mean Machine who has really stagnated since about 2015/16 back when he was killing every c**t.

Fury is the easier fight imo for usyk. Fury lacks the power of Wilder and AJ and a one punch ko is less likely to happen, Fury has terrific head movement but his feet aren't great.

I honestly see Usyk stopping Fury due to his fantastic body work.

Joshua doesn’t have one punch power he usually stops opponents with his flurries and his volume. Usyk is hard to repeatedly hit so that fight is all wrong for Joshua. Also the fact that Usyk makes you work every second of the fight even when he isn’t throwing punches. See the Bellew fight where Usyk barely threw a punch at the start of the fight but still tired Bellew out by moving him all over the ring. With Joshua’s known stamina issues that could be a problem.

Yep. Joshua would look like a plodding fool against Usyk.

Joshua doesn’t have one punch power he usually stops opponents with his flurries and his volume. Usyk is hard to repeatedly hit so that fight is all wrong for Joshua. Also the fact that Usyk makes you work every second of the fight even when he isn’t throwing punches. See the Bellew fight where Usyk barely threw a punch at the start of the fight but still tired Bellew out by moving him all over the ring. With Joshua’s known stamina issues that could be a problem.

Usyk v Wilder would be interesting as Usyk took the first few rounds off in his last couple of fights and took a few stiff jabs in the process until he worked out the opponent then took them apoart. You can't really stand still and just put the gloves up aganst Wilder even for a second so he'd probably need to go on the attack straight away. I'm not saying Wilder beats him but he presents a problem unlike any of the other heavyweights. Folk talk about all the belts getting fragmented which would make for plenty of decent fights but I'd love to see the AJ/Ruiz winner v Wilder. 

Spence returns to social media, with a pretty tactless post on Instagram, following his arrest for drunk driving. Before promptly deleting it.
Naw mate, you're an arsehole

.Spence-1.jpeg

Edited by kiddy