Meth Damon

Boxing Thread

You have to go out of your way to see Spence vs Porter. My word that's my fight of the year for sure. Good amount of the credit here has to go to the ref let them really put work in on each other, barely intervened. Wasn't scoring it but that felt close.

That was scary good. Absolutely loved every second of every round of that fight.

Both guys come out of that looking like superstars. Would love to see that dance again but I'd imagine Spence moves on to better things.

Seen the highlights of the fight looked like the kno keown for spence played a big part as well. Brutal scrap and defo fight of the year contender.

Great fight. Lot more of a scrap than I was expecting. Spence tougher than I would have given him credit for before, knew that Porter would come and give it his all for 12. Right result as well imo.

Good fight, 115-112 Porter was laughable though

Wouldn’t have been my score but I wouldn’t say it’s far fetched.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Wouldn’t have been my score but I wouldn’t say it’s far fetched.

Means Porter won 8 rounds which is pretty far fetched IMO. Spence landed far more and the better shots throughout

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

Means Porter won 8 rounds which is pretty far fetched IMO. Spence landed far more and the better shots throughout

I’d say at least half the rounds were close enough to go either way, then you’re looking at only 2 I’d disagree with. I think Spence won like, just we’ve definitely seen worse scorecards than that.

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

Looks like Spence vs Danny Garcia on Jan 25th.

Wonder if Crawford will target Manny, considering he is self promoted?

Parker was bitten by a spider. Could see Price or Big Baby Miller getting the call from Eddie. 

Parker was bitten by a spider. Could see Price or Big Baby Miller getting the call from Eddie. 

Price was announced on the Smith undercard the other day but opponent TBA so might get a swap. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was Miller. Read he could be back soon and got a narrative that he’s back from his “mistake” and willing to make up for lost time jumping in at the deep end