Meth Damon

Boxing Thread

8 hours ago, Detournement said:

Similar to Fury vs Wilder.

I'd need to look at that one again, but from memory no. If that count was long fair enough. There's no way it stretched to the piss taking that went on for AJ.

8 hours ago, Detournement said:

I'd need to look at that one again, but from memory no. If that count was long fair enough. There's no way it stretched to the piss taking that went on for AJ.

On 6/12/2019 at 14:26, Detournement said:

H_B 😂

Will you ever get anything right? 

I don't buy the conspiracy theories about Joshua at all. The idea that a training camp as detail oriented as his would still have him sparring two days before a fight is insane. He got beaten up by the better boxer on the night, nothing else.

Looking forward to Warrington/Galahad. Chuckle every time Josh calls him Barry.

1 hour ago, JMDP said:

H_B 😂

Will you ever get anything right? 

I don't buy the conspiracy theories about Joshua at all. The idea that a training camp as detail oriented as his would still have him sparring two days before a fight is insane. He got beaten up by the better boxer on the night, nothing else.

It's really that simple. I think some deluded people thought AJ was going to finish his career unbeaten with that glass jaw and no defence. Strange.

Decent weekend of boxing in store. I'm intrigued by the Warrington fight. I've not seen enough of Kid and to me he's not fought anyone decent to truly determine how this will go. Warrington to break his soul mid to late rounds would seem the logical shout. Nice card as well Metcalfe/Welborn and Barrett/Woodstock seem decent on paper.

I don't think I'll bother with the Fury fight tbh. He really needs a KO in this one to further cement his momentum in the States. 12 rounds boxing his head off isn't what they want over there.

WBSS semi finals on Sky and also a card from Russia on Sunday afternoon featuring Mike Perez and then a shoot out between yon mad Russian basturt and big Makabu that Tony Belloo sparkled at Goodison.

I'll be doing well sexually after this weekend of boxing for sure. 

7/1 on Fury and Warrington to win by any kind of stoppage with WillHill. 

7/1 on Fury and Warrington to win by any kind of stoppage with WillHill. 

Don't see Warrington stopping Galahad. Should be an entertaining 12 rounds, would expect Warrington to win fairly comfortably tho

Barrett v Woodstock is a really enjoyable fight so far. Woodstock is pressuring, but he’s being outboxed by Barrett who looks comfortable on the back foot.

Dorticos wins 1st Semi in the WBSS with a cracking KO.

Barrett must have a chin of granite. Barrett catching him all the time.

Woodstock has some chin, has taken some absolute bombs in the last three rounds. Looked like signs that he was starting to get hurt towards the end of that 10th, but wouldn’t be surprised if he saw out the 12.

Briedes Glowacki just starting on Sky Sports Arena. Should be a cracking fight as well.

Missed the second round watching end of Barrett Woodstock, so hoping they’ll replay. Monster shots to stop it in the third though. Sounds like there’ll be some interesting fallout.

Not to mention that ref let them fight for 6 or 7 seconds after the bell started ringing. Disgraceful scenes.

Massive elbow from Breidis. There's surely got to be a rematch.

Barrett's performance was reminiscent of Herol Graham.

Genuinely cannot believe that Byrd hasn’t disqualified him there. That was a full blown elbow to the chin.

Breidis interview is some laugh though

At least it finished before Warrington/Galahad

How the f**k has Robert Byrd not heard the bell there? Was literally ringing for ages. Shouldn’t be allowed to referee again

Ref had a nightmare there. A complete farce.

Briedis honest in the interview.

Actually seeing the punch to the back of the head, no sympathy from me. Deserved a dirty shot in return.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost