Meth Damon

Boxing Thread

Yarde needs to get at Kovalev on the inside. Kovalev has a mental collapse in him if he cant bully the guy across from him, and he has piss poor inside game. If Yarde has any at all then thats the way to beat Kov. You have to grind him out.

Really intrigued by Kov Yarde. Is Yarde the real deal? As said, fought nobody but looks a beast. Is Kov over the hill now?
In any event, fair fucks to Yarde for being game to go over and give it his best. I hope he wins.

Really intrigued by Kov Yarde. Is Yarde the real deal? As said, fought nobody but looks a beast. Is Kov over the hill now?
In any event, fair fucks to Yarde for being game to go over and give it his best. I hope he wins.
I think Kovalev can still blast out those who fight his fight. The roadmap to beating him is there though.

I think Kovalev can still blast out those who fight his fight. The roadmap to beating him is there though.

Not sure if Yarde is the type of fighter to approach it that way. And for the record, Tunde Ajayi is very annoying.

Yarde needs to get at Kovalev on the inside. Kovalev has a mental collapse in him if he cant bully the guy across from him, and he has piss poor inside game. If Yarde has any at all then thats the way to beat Kov. You have to grind him out.

Missed this first time out, but not sure I agree with it. Andre Ward implemented this to perfection, but Andre Ward was the best fighter of his generation IMO, and I’m not convinced anyone else could have broken Kov’s heart and body like he did. Not sure it’s a fair statement to suggest it’s a tried and tested method of beating big Kov.

He does, and playing it fairly safe too. Doing a professional job on Yards who needs to change the pace and distance he's fighting at. 

Yarde obviously lookingbto wait until Kovalev tires late and go for the ko. 

1 minute ago, JamieStevenson said:

3-2 Kovalev so far.

Surely a shut out from Kovalev so far. The only close round was the first.

All 6 to Krusher. 

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Surely a shut out from Kovalev so far. The only close round was the first.

All 6 to Krusher. 

Nah Kovalev 4-2 for me. Gave Yarde 1 & 3

Edited by JamieStevenson

I couldn't justify a round for Yarde here. But the 2nd half of round 7 was all Yards landing at will to the body. Massive round for him.

7-1 at worst / 6-2 also reasonable. Either Yarde punched himself out or he's about to end him.