Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

29 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Usyk v Takam meant to be back on. 12th October. Wilder and Ortiz meant to be in November. if Ruiz beats AJ again then surely they might look to bump Wilder v Fury 2 and go for a Ruiz v Wilder unification? 

Ruiz rumoured to not have signed up for Saudi (he's posted zero regards it, since its announcement).

BJS signs with Matchroom.😂🤣😂

A lot of gambling sites give you odds on theoretical fights and put year end date on them. You can effectively take the odds for a fight that hasnt been signed. I assume the bet gets voided at New Year. The odds will just appear again Jan 1st

I’d also check terms and conditions as they may just take your money. Never trust a bookie.

45 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Ruiz rumoured to not have signed up for Saudi (he's posted zero regards it, since its announcement).

BJS signs with Matchroom.😂🤣😂

I'm sure Frank Warren will take the news well. Suppose BJS sees it as giving him a better chance to get a pop at Smith, GGG, Canelo. 

One that was announced and has slipped under the radar a bit over the weekend is Beterbiev v Gvodzyk on October 18th. That should be absolutely fucking phenomenal.

There are so many excellent fighters at light-heavyweight, and those two are right at the top of the tree. Potentially a great fight.

Really looking forward to Kovalev/Yarde tomorrow it intrigues me greatly. It's really difficult to judge Yarde as he has fought absolutely no one of note but has looked a beast all the same. How can he possibly jump from that to a world level fighter? Is he the real deal? He doesn't look it to me but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

For me it's a brutal KO win for Kovalev but would be some story if Yarde was actually the real deal.

23 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Really looking forward to Kovalev/Yarde tomorrow it intrigues me greatly. It's really difficult to judge Yarde as he has fought absolutely no one of note but has looked a beast all the same. How can he possibly jump from that to a world level fighter? Is he the real deal? He doesn't look it to me but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

For me it's a brutal KO win for Kovalev but would be some story if Yarde was actually the real deal.

I'm really intrigued by it to, although it's more to see what sort of condition Kovalev arrives in. On his game he's been an elite level fighter for the last half-decade, but he's had a fair bit of legal trouble recently, including getting chucked off a flight for trying it on with a woman (that definitely wasn't his wife) whilst absolutely steaming, so could be that he isn't fully focussed. Might be that he's on his game and batters Yarde who, as you say, equally might be wildly out of his depth, or a guy on the up that'll dominate for years. So many unknowns and so much intrigue. Should be great.

36 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Why would it be the same story if Yarde is the real deal?