Meth Damon

Boxing Thread

Just say it boys, he's a quitter. You'll feel better for it afterwards.  Monty Oh Well

Little Lord Fauntleroy might be a big deal when it comes to domestic events but like Ruiz v Joshua, Haymon is levels above him.  I'd be amazed if Haymon let this fight go to the UK.  Doesn't mean it won't happen of course and it's more likely to be here than Mexico surely.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I am not sure, other than being an AJ fan, how anyone can say that something wasnt off with him. Il leave the Q word to one side, AJ didnt want to keep fighting. He didnt want to be there. At one point he was walking along the ropes neither throwing nor trying to avoid shots. It was bizzare. Totally frozen.

Its indusputable that the referee gave him way longer than is normal. Its also indisputable that he could have raised his hands to the referee and didn't.

Yeah something very strange indeed, it was as if he was acting like he just got punched on the side of the head.

Im not going to lie im an AJ fan he was well beat but not trying to make excuses but he seemed off from the word go. He seemed very flat and was little response from constantly being punched in puss!!!

Yeah something very strange indeed, it was as if he was acting like he just got punched on the side of the head.
Analysis of a boxing match requires one to look deeper than just the fact that someone has been punched m8.

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Just say it boys, he's a quitter. You'll feel better for it afterwards.  Monty Oh Well

Little Lord Fauntleroy might be a big deal when it comes to domestic events but like Ruiz v Joshua, Haymon is levels above him.  I'd be amazed if Haymon let this fight go to the UK.  Doesn't mean it won't happen of course and it's more likely to be here than Mexico surely.

I know a guy who is close to Joe Parkers camp and was over here with them for the fight. Says a lot of Matchroom staff were privately desperate for AJ to lose. Widely disliked among them for being a bellend. 

Im not going to lie im an AJ fan he was well beat but not trying to make excuses but he seemed off from the word go. He seemed very flat and was little response from constantly being punched in puss!!!

The Matchroom Circle

“Fury beat Klitschko because he was off that night”

“AJ went life and death with Klitschko because Klitschko was at his best”

“AJ lost to Ruiz because he was off”

Not sure if some folk are just looking for excuses other than realise Joshua just isn’t as good as they’ve built him up to be, but would love to know if there’s truth in rumours he was knocked out in sparring in the build up to the fight. Apparently his face was swollen etc, can’t say I noticed.
I still think he was beat fair and square by a fighter who he just couldn’t handle. He was undoubtably concussed from the first knockdown in the 3rd, which would explain some of his behaviour and the manner of the defeat. I think he was a broken man from there, and it’s easy to see why some would think he quit.

"Joshua quit!", it's the new "Fury beat Wilder!" #dontchaknow :rolleyes:

Its only the Matchroom casuals that think AJ is god's gift that are making excuses for him. "Something was off" :lol: Aye ok. He's never reacted well to getting hurt, his legs go every time he gets clocked with a decent shot. 

16 minutes ago, caleyjaggi said:

Not sure if some folk are just looking for excuses other than realise Joshua just isn’t as good as they’ve built him up to be, but would love to know if there’s truth in rumours he was knocked out in sparring in the build up to the fight. Apparently his face was swollen etc, can’t say I noticed.
I still think he was beat fair and square by a fighter who he just couldn’t handle. He was undoubtably concussed from the first knockdown in the 3rd, which would explain some of his behaviour and the manner of the defeat. I think he was a broken man from there, and it’s easy to see why some would think he quit.

There are whispers the reason AJs Dad was so upset with Hearn post fight was because AJ got KO'd recently in sparring and they wanted to postpone the fight but Eddie refused.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There are whispers the reason AJs Dad was so upset with Hearn post fight was because AJ got KO'd recently in sparring and they wanted to postpone the fight but Eddie refused.

Hearn said AJ’s dad was blaming this that and the other and couldn’t accept that it’s sport and his boy was beaten by the better man. 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I heard he was backstabbed by so called friends in the Nightswatch, but the Red Witch wasn't available, to resurrect him, until just before the ring walk. That's why he was asking what was going on in between rounds. It completely befuddled him, in a Men in Black Style &  apparently Bran was pure ragin' with Fast Eddie about it. As he had arrived just in time for the fight too.

I heard he was backstabbed by so called friends in the Nightswatch, but the Red Witch wasn't available, to resurrect him, until just before the ring walk. That's why he was asking what was going on in between rounds. It completely befuddled him, in a Men in Black Style &  apparently Bran was pure ragin' with Fast Eddie about it. As he had arrived just in time for the fight too.
Making a bit of an arse of yourself here m8. Not sure what it is you have a problem with.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Making a bit of an arse of yourself here m8. Not sure what it is you have a problem with.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Analysis of a boxing match requires one to look deeper than just the fact that someone has been punched m8.

Not if your looking for a reason for signs of concussion. Which was specifically what we we referring to.

I've a few previous posts on the fight if you want to read what I thought overall.

The Matchroom Circle

“Fury beat Klitschko because he was off that night”

“AJ went life and death with Klitschko because Klitschko was at his best”

“AJ lost to Ruiz because he was off”
You cant honestly say he looked interested?

You cant honestly say he looked interested?

He lost fair and square. You can’t make excuses for Joshua but treat Fury and Wilder differently.

It looks like undefeated Kelty boxer Connor Law has passed away unfortunately. 

He lost fair and square. You can’t make excuses for Joshua but treat Fury and Wilder differently.
I have no doubts he lost to the better man on the night if he loses the rematch then yes hes not what i thought he was