Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

He probably made the right call stopping the fight but it was the manner in which he stopped the fight that wasn’t right IMO.

It’s a tough call but I sympathise with the refs to some extent. I was at some corporate wankfest nonsense with work a couple of years ago and Steve Collins was the after-dinner speaker. Someone asked him something about the standard of refs and stopping fights before the ten count. His response was that he thought 90% of fighters always accept the decision. Most fans just think about that 10 count, but in reality the refs in many fights actually only have that first second or two to make a call as to whether the fighter is genuinely ok or whether he’s only going to get through the 10 count due to the massive surge of adrenaline your body produces when you’ve been floored.

It’s a tough call but I sympathise with the refs to some extent. I was at some corporate wankfest nonsense with work a couple of years ago and Steve Collins was the after-dinner speaker. Someone asked him something about the standard of refs and stopping fights before the ten count. His response was that he thought 90% of fighters always accept the decision. Most fans just think about that 10 count, but in reality the refs in many fights actually only have that first second or two to make a call as to whether the fighter is genuinely ok or whether he’s only going to get through the 10 count due to the massive surge of adrenaline your body produces when you’ve been floored.

I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned it on here before but I used to box and sparred with a few boys once- JMPD might know.

However, I wouldn’t know anything about how the body reacts when you’ve been floored as being the holder of a granite chin I’ve never hit the floor in my life....[emoji41][emoji106]

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned it on here before but I used to box and sparred with a few boys once- JMPD might know.

However, I wouldn’t know anything about how the body reacts when you’ve been floored as being the holder of a granite chin I’ve never hit the floor in my life....emoji41.pngemoji106.png

Obviously not been hit properly by a proper puncher then.

Anyone paying for that groves card? I’ve hardly paid attention to any boxing in weeks.

I am Absolutely scunnered with the full sport. They get a good initiative like this super series sorted and you think things might be changing for the better and the best will start fighting for the best. Then they charge you to see it and put most folk off watching it, don’t attract any more new fans to capitalise on half decent match up and they destroy the long term health of the sport for short term gain. Disgrace.