Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

There is now way GGG bs Canelo can't be a good fight. They both come forward, both accurate good offensive boxers who can bang. I reckon GGG takes it late one. But he will get put in the worst bother of his career along the way.

I'd also go GGG in the later rounds. Alvarez looks bulky, not sure what his game plan is but he struggles to fight inside and takes an age to set his punches up. If Golovkin has it left then he should stop him. He is a master at ringcraft and obvs can bang, but with açcuracy and precision.

15 minutes ago, SpiderDee said:

Apologies if this has been clarified already but if you already subscribe to box nation I take it you don't need to pay for the fight ?

GGG v Canelo is on BoxNation PPV, priced at £16.95. 

The Saunders v Monroe Jr card is on the normal BoxNation so you'll get that free. 

4 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

I have box nation because it comes with my bt sport package, do i need to pay for this fight or will i get it?

I'm led to believe boxnation is free on BT sport in standard definition but you need to subscribe if you want it in HD. The bus fight is on Btsport HD anyway.

I think!

He fucked his back in the gym. Not sure how accurate it is, but I read that he wasn't quite at the weight target, was overexerting himself, and scunnered it. Shame as think it would have been a good fight. Rafael Rivera's stepped in at short notice, so Diaz is still on the card. 

2 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

Just looking at the prediction league, those posting (myself included) have all gone for GGG. I was quite torn over who to pick. Can see it going either way tbh

I could quite easily see Canelo nicking it on points as well. It's a complete 50/50 with two of the very best in the world who both get involved in toe-to-toe battles, which is why it's so exciting. I loved both Ward v Kovalev fights (and both fighters), but I know Ward's style isn't for everyone, whereas with this, I just can't see anything other than a war. Also just think Golovkin's pressure, coupled with his ridiculous chin, will be able to take what's being thrown at him, wear down Alvarez and eventually get the late stoppage, possibly with a body shot around 11.

Don't do it often as I usually record, switch WhatsApp off and watch it as soon as I wake up, but contemplating staying up for this one and watching it live. Genuinely can't wait.

Alvarez is a plodder with poor stamina and isn't keen on being the aggressor, not sure where he gets this warrior image from.  Good head movement though and throws eye catching combos so huge potential for a robbery.  Should be an easier fight for GGG than Jacobs imo.

Edited by Boostin' Kev