Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

So the Usyk fight isn't being shown live on itv at all? I thought they were showing every fight? This is the best of all the first round of fights. If they are not showing this I presume any other matches not involving an English fighter won't be on live either. Fucking joke.

Gonzalez is an idiot, why did he fight exactly the same fight as last time and expect a different result? Incredible. Phenomenal card, all three fights delivered in different ways. If Gonzalez fancies it do him and Estrada next, Inoue in with the Thai boy.

Usyk-Huck worth a look, and if so, where can I find it?

Gonzalez is just too small for the weight class. The gulf in size in both fights was obvious and he looked really fleshy last night I thought. Should probably be moving back down weights. Inoue looks better every time I see him, a star in waiting.

Usyk v Huck is definitely worth a watch I thought. It's on YouTube (below) although the commentary isn't in English.

Wasn't it supposed to be on itv on demand post fight? I couldn't find it anyway. Also had to watch shitty youtube with foreign commentary.

Looked easy enough for Usyk though Huck caught him more than I would have expected. Maybe that was just a case of Usyk not respecting his power. 

Usyk v Briedis will be a superb fight when it happens. 

Starting to get really fucking excited for the weekend now. BJS v Monroe jnr should be a really good fight, and I can't see how GGG v Canelo can be anything other than a 'big drama show'. Two of the very very best, both of whom like to get in wars, and - especially in Golovkin's case - are happy to take a shot to land one. Still edging towards a late stoppage win for GGG as I think Canelo may tire with constantly being pressured and having the ring cut off, but really could go either way. Buzzing for it.

Was talking about canelo v ggg yesterday and now starting to get excited for it. I don't really mind who wins, like them both. If forced, I'd pick ggg but if canelo wins and it's a barnstormer I'll be happy.
I think it'll be a cagey opening with neither wanting to give away anything stupid before opening up and just being a battle - hopefully anyway!

4 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Starting to get really fucking excited for the weekend now. BJS v Monroe jnr should be a really good fight, and I can't see how GGG v Canelo can be anything other than a 'big drama show'. Two of the very very best, both of whom like to get in wars, and - especially in Golovkin's case - are happy to take a shot to land one. Still edging towards a late stoppage win for GGG as I think Canelo may tire with constantly being pressured and having the ring cut off, but really could go either way. Buzzing for it.

I wouldn't say I'm excited about BJS and WM jnr. Willie Monroe is a boring fighter to watch. Good technically for sure but really negative.

I think he'll outpoint BJS in an utter stinker of a fight. 

I think Saunders wins as well, and I think it might be better than a lot expect purely because in order to win the title on BJS home soil, Monroe will have to be a lot more adventurous and fluid than he usually is. The fact that - barring immediate rematch clauses - the winner probably gets winner of GGG v Canelo means that, as it's such a big prize, either or both will likely take bigger chances than were it against some jobber in the Falkirk Pleasuredome again.

Expect Callum Smith to win within 6 rounds, not much excitement in that one. Dubois, Yarde and Murray will win whenever they want to.

Edited by J_Stewart