Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Andrew Selby always reminds me of Ronnie O'Sullivan. Incredibly skilled, but seems to get almost bored doing the orthodox, so tries to make things more interesting and exciting for himself / the crowd. It's entertaining as hell to watch, but the drops in concentration would definitely be something to worry about as he moves up in quality if you're his promoter / trainer.

Andrew Selby always reminds me of Ronnie O'Sullivan. Incredibly skilled, but seems to get almost bored doing the orthodox, so tries to make things more interesting and exciting for himself / the crowd. It's entertaining as hell to watch, but the drops in concentration would definitely be something to worry about as he moves up in quality if you're his promoter / trainer.

Believe this more than ever after that interview. As he says, at least he's honest.

Would love to see Lee Selby v Carl Frampton, think that would be a tremendous match up.

Buzzing to see Kell smash Spence tonight. Heading down now. Man fucking doon indeed.

My mate is heading down for it as well, wishing now that I'd taken up a ticket.

Brook looked awful at the weigh in but I still fancy him by KO. He's so powerful at the weight and Spence has yet to be chin checked. Both are slick boxers who can bang. Really looking forward to it, another great fight in a year of great fights.

Brook's been bang on the weight at the two weigh ins.

I'd expect him to put on another half stone between now & fight time, whilst Spence has already stated he's been walking around at the official weight for weeks. Granted he's hydrated up too, but I cant see him putting on much more. Brook, on the other hand IMO, will look way bigger of the two, come the first bell.

Think Brook will put the experience of his fight with GGG to good use, in that the longer the fight goes, the more it will swing in his favour

Think Brook will win this. The GGG fight will have been a major lesson for him, but also a positive one. Admittedly haven't see all of Spence's fight but from what I have seen, nobody seems to have really chinned him yet, but quite fancy Brook to be the guy that does.

ETA: Also want Brook to win, take Khan on and shut that annoying wee p***k up.