Meth Damon

Boxing Thread

Can't find it now, it's a video with Sr going public talking about his disappointment with his son and then literally calling him a f**k up assuming the translation I saw was accurate which is was supposed to be.

5 hours ago, The Diabolical One said:

This has all come off the back of the once again awful Sky commentary for the Parker fight. Parker had a bad night and would probably get beaten by the best in the division but he's not as bad as that performance suggests and has had a couple of good wins in Takam and Ruiz which I don't remember getting mentioned once throughout the fight.  It's not easy to get a bigger man out of there if he simply doesn't want to let his hands leave his body which we saw again that weekend with Alvarez and Chavez Jr. 

People whose only real exposure to the sport is via SS are now seriously talking about Whyte and Chisora as world champions because they had a messy (but entertaining) slugfest where both were gassed out after the first half of the fight and Bellew because he took much longer than he should have to KO a washed up ex champ with one leg. If Parker gets beaten by any of those 3 then he'll have turned out to be the biggest HW hype job in recent memory.  

If Parker fights Whyte, Hughie Fury or Bellew outside NZ he'll lose. Bookmark this.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This, but not scathing enough about just how brutal Whyte is. The talk of him ever being a title holder makes me sick.

Must be one of the few who actually rates him. Do believe his ban a few years ago stalled his progress. 

Joseph Parker is a fraud. The idea that he'd be a threat to AJ, Wilder etc is hilarious.

19 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If Parker fights Whyte, Hughie Fury or Bellew outside NZ he'll lose. Bookmark this.

Would never bookmark a fellow poster's opinion to point score tbh but hopefully one of those fights will happen.

He needs to get out of NZ ASAP imo. He should relocate to Brooklyn or another US hotspot for good trainers like the Eastern Euros do, his defence is his weakest area and doesn't seem to have improved in the 5 or 6 fights I've seen him in. 

Agreed. Any time he's fought anything other than a complete bum his performances have just screamed "Frankie Gavin" at me. Flashy combinations going forward, but no real power behind the punches to push anybody back, and too small physically at the weight to hold any threat off. Obviously no idea how good his chin is yet, but defensively he leaves a lot of gaps, and although he's perhaps technicalIy superior, I think the likes of Chisora, Whyte and Hughie Fury would bully him and either break him down or grind out a decision.

6 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Agreed. Any time he's fought anything other than a complete bum his performances have just screamed "Frankie Gavin" at me. Flashy combinations going forward, but no real power behind the punches to push anybody back, and too small physically at the weight to hold any threat off. Obviously no idea how good his chin is yet, but defensively he leaves a lot of gaps, and although he's perhaps technicalIy superior, I think the likes of Chisora, Whyte and Hughie Fury would bully him and either break him down or grind out a decision.

Aye but he's not British so that instantly adds 100 Hipster points to him.

Bit shite seeing the McGuigans turning down Ohara for Taylor in the summer, can't talk about a guy being easy work all the time and then turn down a career high pay day to fight him. If it was the other way around then everybody would be screaming duck.

Bit shite seeing the McGuigans turning down Ohara for Taylor in the summer, can't talk about a guy being easy work all the time and then turn down a career high pay day to fight him. If it was the other way around then everybody would be screaming duck.

It's a clear duck, and a minter for Taylor/McGuigans.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Aye but he's not British so that instantly adds 100 Hipster points to him.

A textbook Matchroom Casual statement.

Anyone know what time the Warrington fight starts tomorrow? Will definitely make sure I'm in for the walk outs for that one, Jermaine Beckford coming out with the champ.

Used to go to every home game at Elland Road when Beckford played. Scored the goal that knocked Man U out of the cup when Leeds were still in the third tier. 

Thanks for that.

This is the boxing thread mate there is plenty of football threads on here to discuss all that.

Great fight. Round 10 will be one of the best of the year.

I know you're not so keen on the lighter weights, Valdez - Mariaga was at 126, you could watch the Gonzales - Rungvisai if you wanted to see another potential FOTY and that's at 115 which is stacked.

Edited by The Diabolical One

Aye I watched that at the time but only because Gonzales. I don't agree with rungvasai being so high in lb for lb rankings on the strength of one fight where Gonzales looked as if he was out his weight class.

Dickens next? Will be incredible to be in the same room as someone who boxed "Pound for Pound King" Guillermmo Riggondoeuaxz.