Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

5 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

It wasn't against a domestic level boxer either. Was a post of utter nonsense.

Maybe was a tad harsh on lee never been his biggest fan if I'm honest. So maybe played down his achievements somewhat. As for bjs he has the tools to compete at world level without doubt but seems to pick up injurys and cancel fights other champs would soldier on with. Week see if he proves me wrong in the near future hopefully.

Edited by Disco30

Saunders was poor at the weekend but at least he was honest about it afterwards. Would like to see him in with Alvarez who often struggles with more technical fighters and he's probably Golovkins toughest fight at 160 until Alvarez moves up properly. 

Shafikov was good against Commey. Haven't watched anything else yet from last weekend. 

I'd favour Groves to get the win but I thought he'd beat Jack too, Chudinov is decent at everything and world class at nothing. it should really be Chudinovs belt though he beat Sturm comfortably then the rematch got ordered for no reason and even a drugged up Sturm needed the judges help to rob him.

6 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Just looking at odds for this weekend, Whyte is the favourite, I was a bit shocked by this tbh I don't rate him at all.

I fancy Whyte to win comfortably tbh, Chisora hasn't really turned up in any of the big fights he's been in.

Granted, Whyte didn't look great in his last fight but I still fancy him to win fairly easily here.

I thought Chisora put in a decent performance against Klitchsko (granted it was a faded Vitali) and he was on the end of a bad decision against Helenius. Losing a SD against Pulev is not bad either. Haye showed what he was capable of power-wise against Chisora. But he definitely failed to turn up against Fury.

A fit, motivated Chisora should cause Whye problems.

These matchroom press conferences are a fucking joke.

These idiots need to learn how to behave it's not WWE

Got to agree it's becoming total cringe. Professional athletes should know how to conduct themselves in front of media. But sky and promoters just lap it up. BBBC ought to do something about it.

10 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

It's just staged nonsense to help him sell more ppv's for what is an another bang average card.

Polar opposite from the press conference between frampton and Santa Cruz where it was two world class fighters who clearly respect each other discussing the fight.

Certainly looked like that, I've never witnessed anyone truly angry enough to throw a table walk the other way, why does anyone showing such a lack of control not come out like a tornado on the 1st bell.

Just watched the GB boxing championships on boxnation. Big GB super heavy fighter Du Bois has some jab-absolutely beautiful. Needs to double it up though everyone was a single but landed nearly everyone and rocking the English boys head back. Only 19 years old as well.

Boris chrichton at 81kg for Scotland beat the GB fighter.