Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Irrelevant whether I rate him or not. You said that Joshua aside every heavyweight in Britain was a joke. Joshua is supposed to be a world champion and he's fighting Eric Molina, which probably makes him the biggest joke in world heavyweight boxing

It came down to Molina or Price, not sure who you expect him to fight.

On 02/12/2016 at 21:18, kiddy said:

Fury tweeting that Saunders is the best middleweight bar none. He'll struggle to be the best in Foxbar this weekend!

Looks like I was right, he wins, but apparently looked terrible & squeaked it.

Irrelevant whether I rate him or not. You said that Joshua aside every heavyweight in Britain was a joke. Joshua is supposed to be a world champion and he's fighting Eric Molina, which probably makes him the biggest joke in world heavyweight boxing

Joshua only has a belt due to the division being so weak....the biggest joke on world heavyweight boxing is fury. Joshua in any other era would be a few years from even getting a title shot

12 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Joshua only has a belt due to the division being so weak....the biggest joke on world heavyweight boxing is fury. Joshua in any other era would be a few years from even getting a title shot

I'm not convinced, there have been quite a few poor belt holders over the years and there are always promoters that seek the pot of gold a bit sooner than they should.

Look at the poorer holders then look at who he could have fought if he won their belt, Steady Eddie or similar would pull their puddin' tae death at the thought of having a fighter in against some of them.

Billy joe Saunders is a fuc*ing chump , won a vacant belt against a domestic level fighter at best. Now holds the belt to ransom while spouting shit* about being the best and wanting to fight the best. Carbon copy of fury wins a belt and then isn't to keen on defending it IMO !!!

I actually quite like BJS but he was poor last night, looked really sluggish against a game but limited opponent.

Good to hear him be honest about it afterwards too. Looked bizarre having a world title fight in that venue though.

32 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I taped the boxnation show last night and I'm at leith Victoria's home show just now- I assume from reading the comments on here that when I get in I should just delete it from my planner?

Unless you suffer from insomnia then yeah I'd be deleting it

Just been to Jimmy's Corner in Times Square for a beer. Couldn't stop smiling the entire time I was in there, just a total shrine to boxing. Could have spent hours just looking at the photos and reading the articles on the wall. Don't think Jimmy Glenn goes in anymore as he's a bit old, but would have loved to have heard some of his stories.

Definitely need to get back here for a fight at MSG and go and spend some more time there. Cheap as fucking chips as well :lol: