Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Looked far busier than I expected.

He's already been PPV against Cleverley in a non title fight so of course he will be PPV in his next fight whether he deserves to fight on that platform or not.

Goodison was hardly 'sold out', not exactly ppv material, yet.

Yeah but smaller venue PPV put money on it happening believe me.  

I see he's calling out Haye to go back down.  It's just never going to happen he should just forget it and remember what Haye done at that division.  Lets face it everyone is talking about Haye exactly what he wants no doubt good or bad.  He's probably the most talk about fighter just now.

Looked far busier than I expected.

He's already been PPV against Cleverley in a non title fight so of course he will be PPV in his next fight whether he deserves to fight on that platform or not.

Forgot all about that exciting one :)

Haye is all about the money. Why not go back down for a big pay packet and comfortable victory before returning to fight the next tin can at heavyweight?

I don't think it will happen either but the dollar could sway him.

Why not go back down for a big pay packet and comfortable victory before returning to fight the next tin can at heavyweight?

Probably because Bellew's talking a lot of pish and has no intention of fighting him.

Probably because Bellew's talking a lot of pish and has no intention of fighting him.

Correct. Bellew is almost as full of shit as Haye himself. There's also the fact that Haye was 25 pounds over the cruiserweight limit for his last fight and there's no way he'd be up for losing that kind of mass at this stage of his career. Never going to happen. At least a few more easy fights against unthreatening names (Briggs, maybe Price or Chisora again) and then the Joshua fight are where Haye is going.

I think we can all agree that boxing isn't about who's the best fighter these days as soon as you get a title your promoter will have you fight as bums as you can to keep it and milk the paydays until you get that mandatory which you can't avoid.  Sad but true it's all about money making not really who's the best.  

how many times have we heard this is a 50/50 fight recently just to be disappointed.

Tony Gobshite Bellew a word champ for 2 mins and instantly refusing to go to Russia for a fight and saying he's number 1,  then challenging Haye ffs we all know this wont happen.  But Haye would smash him to pieces anyway.  

Do you think you'd ever hear this kind of stuff from Martin Murray no he'd just lace up and fight whereever.  Just an example not championing him

I think we can all agree that boxing isn't about who's the best fighter these days as soon as you get a title your promoter will have you fight as bums as you can to keep it and milk the paydays until you get that mandatory which you can't avoid.  Sad but true it's all about money making not really who's the best.  

how many times have we heard this is a 50/50 fight recently just to be disappointed.

Tony Gobshite Bellew a word champ for 2 mins and instantly refusing to go to Russia for a fight and saying he's number 1,  then challenging Haye ffs we all know this wont happen.  But Haye would smash him to pieces anyway.  

Do you think you'd ever hear this kind of stuff from Martin Murray no he'd just lace up and fight whereever.  Just an example not championing him

Martin Murray's never been in the position to play the A side in a big fight tbf.