Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

25 minutes ago, Dele said:

That's because every boxer out there has limitations, hence why Joshua was the guy at the top of the tree. 

I am a broken record but I'll say it once more - people crave failure on here of a 'British' boxer. 

Scottish though? Oh no. Taylor is the best thing since sliced bread. 

We will disagree. You think Joshua is a brilliant boxer and I don’t.

I will still want Josh Taylor to win even though you don’t like him.

Some matchups just don’t suit boxers and this one exposed Joshua. Wilder v Fury was such a good fight because of the different styles and strengths of the fighters. I knew Fury was gifted technically but I found a lot more respect for him after surviving those Wilder shots.
You couldn’t write Joshua off altogether against either of them but I’d bet on Wilder and Fury coming out on top if it ever happens. Ruiz should get a bit more respect from some now. He demolished Joshua when he went toe to toe with his speed and movement, and that after getting off the canvas. He’d also give Wilder problems. Fury less so. Throw Usyk into the mix maybe and some really cracking fights possible.
Ruiz could be stripped of the IBF belt before the rematch too, so a unified champ could be some way away.
Where is it saying he might get stripped of IBF? Opens things up massively if that's the case.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You think Joshua is a brilliant boxer and I don’t.

I will still want Josh Taylor to win even though you don’t like him.

That's two massive assumptions you've jumped to, there. 

Perhaps both yourself and JDMP should stick to following Rab around the forum. 

I’ve always thought AJ would be a sitting duck against Wilder. Doesn’t mean I think Wilder is a genius, it’s just that AJ has a weakness for getting rocked and is a bit static against a guy who can deliver lightning quick knockout blows clean through a good strong guard. 

Looking forward to AJ v The White Rhino in December. 

Joshua has found out that being very tall and having muscles doesn't win you boxing matches. Ruiz had him totally and utterly on toast.

This ^

The whole AJ hype and sell is this big hulking massive muscular Adonis. Be very interesting to see how he fared next by shedding a fair bit of the bulk. He’s young enough that dropping a bit shouldn’t be difficult whilst remaining a fucking big guy. Last night AJ was nothing but a big sexy sitting duck. The whole AJ/Hearn relationship and approach to this fight has been pathetic, pre & post Miller, and more akin to something churned out by Vince McMahon.

“MADISON SQUAAARE GARDEN!! Come see my big, sexy, b*****d!”

[emoji109]

“f**k...”

Mate, you described Ruiz winning because he had a "punchers chance" - think we can safely ignore you. Maybe ask uncle Eddie what your opinion is before posting next time. 
He was thoroughly outboxed and dismantled. Great viewing. 

You said it was the first decent boxer he faced then in the same post praise fury for beating someone he had beaten in Klitschko and Ruiz was beaten by someone Joshua already faced too in Parker [emoji23][emoji23]

But you just keep talking sense [emoji106] good man

3 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

You said it was the first decent boxer he faced then in the same post praise fury for beating someone he had beaten in Klitschko and Ruiz was beaten by someone Joshua already faced too in Parker emoji23.pngemoji23.png

But you just keep talking sense emoji106.png good man

Klitschko against fury - unbeaten in ten years. 

Klitschko against Joshua - inactive, abandoned style that served him well, coming off being embarrassed and outboxed by fury.

Ruiz - robbed against Parker (as was Hughie fury). 

I don't get why guys like you swallow a company PR line that you can't acknowledge any faults. AJ is a good boxer but he has a number of limitations that were exposed by the first confident, highly skilled boxer he faced. He may well come back and win world titles again.

Serious question from the uninitiated here, was Ruiz a mandatory for all three of Joshua belts, and if not why were they all on offer? Seems a high risk given what was potentially on offer in a reunification fight to also capture the WBC belt?

Klitschko against fury - unbeaten in ten years. 
Klitschko against Joshua - inactive, abandoned style that served him well, coming off being embarrassed and outboxed by fury.
Ruiz - robbed against Parker (as was Hughie fury). 
I don't get why guys like you swallow a company PR line that you can't acknowledge any faults. AJ is a good boxer but he has a number of limitations that were exposed by the first confident, highly skilled boxer he faced. He may well come back and win world titles again.

[emoji23][emoji23] expected response excuses.

I don’t give a shit about who thinks what about who I’m not a huge fan of any of them.

But I got respect for the 2 that have a bit of class in fury and Joshua.

I don’t swallow any lines unlike yourself they all have faults.

Joshua isn’t also the first heavy weight boxer to suffer a surprise defeat and won’t be the last that’s the nature of the sport the very best that have ever fought at heavyweight have been defeated.

Re-watching the fight and Joshua's head movement is criminal, was absolutely asking to get  clocked. If he fights Wilder in the future Wilder will knock his head off.

Said it on multiple occasions, but to reiterate, the “who’s better, AJ, Wilder or Fury?” discussions are utterly irrelevant (although it is, and has always been Fury).

He’s coming:

IMG_9575.jpg.f23591ebc4d3ef02ebd1b0e3ed8baf72.jpg

What’s your thoughts on Usyk v Joshua after last night? I have always been of the opinion that Usyk would beat him. Although Joshua is the bigger man Usyk is a far far superior boxer in almost every department. I think the advantages Usyk has in ability outweigh Joshua’s size advantage.

But I now think that this fight might not actually happen as I don’t AJ’s team will want him anywhere near Usyk because although he might not be a massive puncher at that weight his technique and ability would wear Joshua down and think he would stop him. Hoping it does happen but not so certain anymore.

There's no way they want Uysk after that. 

I know there will have been a rematch clause for AJs protection but how good would it be if Ruiz patched AJ/Hearn and went for a unification fight with Wilder for his next fight, leaving AJ in the lurch.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Be very interesting to see how he fared next by shedding a fair bit of the bulk. 

He must have about a stone of extra bulk on his back. It’s like he trains to look good in those tight white T-shirt’s of his rather than to punch quickly and make it though 12 rounds.