Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Hearn and even AJ thought Whyte was a fucking bum and an easy fight. In no way did they see any danger in that fight despite the hype job.

Not a person outwith the Hearn/AJ camp made out Martin was a tough opponent. Again more hype to drum up plenty revenue.

Joshua is a money making excersise for Hearn at this time and nothing more. He could turn out to be world class down the line but at the present moment he is no where near that. Its all hype and clever marketing to earn big bucks whilst taking minimum risk. Hearn isn't daft though he won't have AJ against a real dangerous opponent any time soon

Edited by diamond_for_life

Do you think it was "brave" of AJ and probably more importantly Hearn on taking the Whyte fight? I actually do as that could have been a banana skin for them and so many on here said that fight wouldnt have happened then, but it did.

I think, no basis just a feeling, AJ wants these big fights and other promoters see money in the AJ fight so whats not to like. If/when he beats Parker I can only see a unification fight after this I still think Fury would be maybe 4/5 fights away from now. That is if both keep hold of their belts until then.

I said it in the previous thread (anybody find out who pinched it yet) Haye is the one to be avoided as I can see him taking out the very best in the division right now. He works his way to mandatory shot then whatever champion he fights is going to have problems. Dont see anyone giving him a voluntary thats for sure. Would be great for Haye to be mandatory to Fury after what has went in the past.

Just cant see Haye and Fury ever fighting tbh. Fury has been pretty consistant in his stance not to give him a pay day, he said he wasted a fortune on training camps and stuff only for him not to fight, I think theres a decent chance he would carryout his threat to vacate a belt rather than give him a fight.

For who??? Fury or joshua or just in general??

Sorry I was replying to the post before yours.

But this is an open forum feel free to wade in, question I was asking was in response to D_F_L saying Hearn wont let Joshua fight the real danger men. I mean I am sure everyones list will contain same 4-5 fighters maybe but might be a few come in from left field.

I am a Joshua fan, not biggest Fury fan but appreciate what he did in his last fight and deserves respect for that even though he is a clown.

For Joshua to get to where he is and having taking the coveted 0`s from his, what, last 3 opponents, come on??? 16 fights and world heavyweight champion??

The "coveted 0's" mean absolutely nothing when he's been fighting absolute diddies, who in turn have fought diddies. You can add his next fight to that list, which he'll win comfortably.

Haye fought a glorified doorman on Saturday who was 29-0, and we all seen how that went!

Don't read anything into fighters being undefeated unless they've actually fought anyone. As for Charles Martin being a heavyweight champ, I'm sure we'll all agree that was by default.

Edited by MONKMAN

Sorry I was replying to the post before yours.

But this is an open forum feel free to wade in, question I was asking was in response to D_F_L saying Hearn wont let Joshua fight the real danger men. I mean I am sure everyones list will contain same 4-5 fighters maybe but might be a few come in from left field.

I think its to soon for joshua to be in with an ortiz or haye...he is still learning on the job...but he is improving all the time.Also to soon to be in with fury or wilder imo.

Haye is fighting bums just now , better fight when hes fighting briggs at least he will throw punches.....his last two fight zzzzz. If he comes through that I can see fighters not so keen to face him. Joshua has a habit of dropping his right before he throws it and leaving his chin exposed....with haye ring craft at this moment he would exploit that weakness.

I like joshua and he is exciting to watch.....but its a whole different game when some one is taking your bombs and walking through them and then throwing them back.

Hearn and even AJ thought Whyte was a fucking bum and an easy fight. In no way did they see any danger in that fight despite the hype job.

Not a person outwith the Hearn/AJ camp made out Martin was a tough opponent. Again more hype to drum up plenty revenue.

Joshua is a money making excersise for Hearn at this time and nothing more. He could turn out to be world class down the line but at the present moment he is no where near that. Its all hype and clever marketing to earn big bucks whilst taking minimum risk. Hearn isn't daft though he won't have AJ against a real dangerous opponent any time soon

Disagree with you on this. Considering whyte was the only opponent to knock aj down in the amateurs (allegedly) and beat him i dont think aj would have took whyte lightly at all. Agree he's just there to make Hearn a shit load of money but he's getting better with every fight and after he defends his belt once or twice I have no doubts a unification fight will be top of the list as it makes most sense for all parties financially. Here's hoping that's the way it will pan out cos an aj fight against wilder or fury is what everyone would like to see ! Edited by Disco30

Jesus. How many guys is he supposed to have fought already? :lol:

Wilder, Pulev, Klitschko, Fury and Haye have all been tied up in different fights. Hearn has made it clear both he and AJ are desperate to fight Fury and to unify the division.

If you don't believe he's as good as Hearn thinks then fine. For me he's the best heavyweight in the world and the bookies agree. Time will tell who's right.

Eddie Hearn is talking shite he wants nothing to do with Fury.

What is it for you AJ has done to make him the best heavyweight in the world? For me to be the best, you need beat the best. So for me it's Fury

Hearn also made it clear that Brook wanted to fight almost every welterweight in the division, in addition to Golovkin.

He's already building up a Dillian Whyte rematch ffs, if you think Hearn will let him anywhere near Fury for the next two year then you really don't know how Eddie Hearn works. Barry Hearn was mentioning Zhang Zhilei ffs :lol: He's fighting some tin can at the moment :lol:

Brook's injury, the lack of opponents wanting to fight him and a mandatory in Bizier have all contributed to a lack of big fights for him, though I'm sure you know that. Shame Amir Khan shat it tbh.

The Dillian Whyte rematch is a good fight and something people would buy. The first fight was excellent and Whyte gave AJ by far his toughest test yet.

Sorry to break it to you, but Barry Hearn has nothing to do with making fights and hasn't done so for years. Though I'm sure you also know that.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

Disagree with you on this. Considering whyte was the only opponent to knock aj down in the amateurs (allegedly) and beat him i dont think aj would have took whyte lightly at all. Agree he's just there to make Hearn a shit load of money but he's getting better with every fight and after he defends his belt once or twice I have no doubts a unification fight will be top of the list as it makes most sense for all parties financially. Here's hoping that's the way it will pan out cos an aj fight against wilder or fury is what everyone would like to see !

See i may be in the minority here with this opinion but i do believe AJ took Whyte very lightly. I honestly believe AJ thought he would have him out of there in 2 rounds maybe 3. Yes we got to see AJ getting tested but that was after he carelessly went steaming in for the finish. I actually don't think we know how good a "boxer" Whyte is after that fight. We certainly know he takes some stopping though.

Like I say just my opinion

Guys ffs you can only beat what is put in front of you. AJ is still young and relatively inexperienced "big" fights will come his way but in the heavyweight division where almost all (apart from Hughie Fury it seems) guys possess knock out power how can anyone say that fights are not dangerous?

Hasim Raqman, Buster Douglas, Oliver McCall, Corry Sanders.... need I go on? These guys have sparked oot champions when totally unexpected so it does happen, more so at this weight than any other.

But really what I am trying to get to is who do you need to beat in this division to get any credibility from the boxing experts on this forum?

edit I do agree however that AJ has in no way fought the best in the division but I do think it will come in the next 2 years

Edited by Boomtown Boy

I've boxed a bit in my time, and spent a fair bit of my youth in my grandad's boxing gym and something I've noticed about Joshua is that he really doesn't like being hit. Obvs not many boxers do but he has a split second moment where he stiffens up when he gets tapped, Frank Bruno had the same thing. Someone like Haye would absolutely exploit that. Not easy to train out of a fighter either..

Very true with that comment I don't think joshua likes being hit but until he is given a serious test on the chin with a combo instead of one punch we won't see how much punishment it can take because that is the mark of a true champion. Personally I think he could take the punishment and with how hard he hits not many will stand toe to toe with him. Really want to see a haye Joshua fight would be a classic !

Lets be honest he is only been hit once in his pro career. He dealt with it, I am not saying he dealt with it well but he dealt with it. I too want to see him extended and hopefully see how good he can be and see if he is out of his depth and cant deal with combos or fancy footwork then fair do`s. The next 18-24 months should be interesting, hopefully we dont get anyone ducking fights.

fwiw if Wilder fight comes first for AJ I will be well excited and 2 big bar stewards in the ring wanting to take the head of each other does it for me. I can appreciate the Mayweather type boxer but it doesnt get the juices flowing for me like the big boys taking each other oot.

Away fi the big boys, November 19th canni feckin wait, now we will see just how good Ward is. Am not saying he will lose but this is a genuine super fight that hopefully lives up to the billing.

Exactly this. Lord knows what a Tyson or Lewis type would do to him, absolute cannon fodder

Loved watching Tyson!!! Lewis aye but not as much.

Are we talking about Tyson or Lewis after 16 fights or Tyson or Lewis after 30 fight here though?

Loved watching Tyson!!! Lewis aye but not as much.

Are we talking about Tyson or Lewis after 16 fights or Tyson or Lewis after 30 fight here though?

Tyson would've walked through AJ even a few fights in his career, not sure how many fights Lewis was on when he ended Razor Ruddock but was it about twenty odd?

I watched the Lewis vs Akinwande fight on youtube recently...bizarre but just reminded me that boxing misses Mills Lane...

Tyson's sixteenth pro fight was against Derek Jaco.  He'd been pro less than a year at that point, he just blasted out cannon fodder for the first year or so, the first real test he had was when he fought Jesse Ferguson a few weeks later.

Lennox's sixteenth fight was a KO win over Mike Weaver, a former WBA champion.  He'd also beaten Gary Mason and won the European title by that point.  Around that time he also racked up wins over Tyrell Biggs and Glenn McCrory.

Regarding Joshua, I can see why people get annoyed about the hype that is around him but that's part of the sport and always has been.  I do think the fact that he won a strap for beating Charles Martin is a bit daft, Martin was no good and it might actually be better for Joshua if he didn't have mandatories and all that pish to worry about.

As for Fury, he produced a stunning performance to beat Klitschko, the best by a British heavyweight in many years.  But I can't help feel that maybe that was his one night and that he produced his best then and isn't going to be able to reproduce that.  What would be very interesting is if Vlad wins the rematch.  That could open up fights between Fury and Haye, Fury and Joshua.