• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Meth Damon

Boxing Thread

Willie Limond looks a great price at 5/2 on Saturday.

I've never been particularly impressed by Nurse. He'll keep coming forward but he always seems pretty limited to me. That is definitely a decent price if Willie's up for it and has trained properly as he's a far more talented boxer.

Well that's not true. Dillian Whyte is comfortably better than Chisora.

Anyway, Joshua's a world champion after 16 fights. At that point in Fury's career he was fighting bums in meaningless fights. Credit to Fury for his win but he didn't look particularly impressive to me. Klitschko was awful.

Haye is a far more difficult fight for AJ.

Chisora has fought at a far higher level than Whyte. Would be a decent fight although Chisora looked on the slide in his last fight.

Anthony Joshua is also still fighting bums in meaningless fights. Tyson Fury went in against Klitschko with a game plan and carried it out to absolute perfection. Klitschko looked awful because Fury made him look awful. If AJ had put that sort performance in against the Eddie Hearn fan boys would be creaming themselves.

Anyway, Joshua's a world champion after 16 fights. At that point in Fury's career he was fighting bums in meaningless fights. Credit to Fury for his win but he didn't look particularly impressive to me. Klitschko was awful.

Haye is a far more difficult fight for AJ.

Joshua has fought absolutely nobody in his career. That's without mentioning that Charles Martin won the IBF heavyweight title without throwing a punch!

Joshua has fought absolutely nobody in his career. That's without mentioning that Charles Martin won the IBF heavyweight title without throwing a punch!

Most people expected Martin to be a difficult fight for him, some were even saying it was too early to take that fight. Hearn can't win. It was a stunning KO under intense pressure, regardless of how bad Martin was. Pretty funny that people are blinded by hatred for Joshua that they can't give him any credit whatsoever.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

I don't know a single person who thought Martin would be a difficult fight for Joshua. That's not due to how good Joshua is, just how woeful Martin is.

Even on here the chat was fairly obvious that he'd win, the problem would come after when he'd have to fight genuine contenders. Hence, he's fighting another complete bum in his first defence.

I don't know anyone who's "blinded by hatred" for him either, he's just not as good as Hearn would like everyone to believe. Why won't Hearn risk him against Fury, Haye, Wilder, Pulev, Klitschko, Ortiz or any other top 10 heavyweight?

Edited by MONKMAN

I don't know a single person who thought Martin would be a difficult fight for Joshua. That's not due to how good Joshua is, just how woeful Martin is.

Even on here the chat was fairly obvious that he'd win, the problem would come after when he'd have to fight genuine contenders. Hence, he's fighting another complete bum in his first defence.

I don't know anyone who's "blinded by hatred" for him either, he's just not as good as Hearn would like everyone to believe. Why won't Hearn risk him against Fury, Haye, Wilder, Pulev, Klitschko, Ortiz or any other top 10 heavyweight?

Jesus. How many guys is he supposed to have fought already? :lol:

Wilder, Pulev, Klitschko, Fury and Haye have all been tied up in different fights. Hearn has made it clear both he and AJ are desperate to fight Fury and to unify the division. 

If you don't believe he's as good as Hearn thinks then fine. For me he's the best heavyweight in the world and the bookies agree. Time will tell who's right.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

I am a Joshua fan, not biggest Fury fan but appreciate what he did in his last fight and deserves respect for that even though he is a clown.

For Joshua to get to where he is and having taking the coveted 0`s from his, what, last 3 opponents, come on??? 16 fights and world heavyweight champion??

His first voluntary defense is against someone not that great so what, he will then have to face another undefeated fighter in Parker then early next year he should be looking at Wilder. So in his 19th pro fight he attempts to unify belts. Has this been done before? (serious question)

Also should he get knocked out and his ass kicked by anyone for the reasons people state above then at least when you watch him you know you are going to get a fight, which I like.

My opinions only but right now I will ride the AJ hype train and see where it takes us

Wilder, Pulev, Klitschko, Fury and Haye have all been tied up in different fights. Hearn has made it clear both he and AJ are desperate to fight Fury and to unify the division.

If you don't believe he's as good as Hearn thinks then fine. For me he's the best heavyweight in the world and the bookies agree. Time will tell who's right.

Hearn also made it clear that Brook wanted to fight almost every welterweight in the division, in addition to Golovkin.

He's already building up a Dillian Whyte rematch ffs, if you think Hearn will let him anywhere near Fury for the next two year then you really don't know how Eddie Hearn works. Barry Hearn was mentioning Zhang Zhilei ffs :lol: He's fighting some tin can at the moment :lol:

Do you think it was "brave" of AJ and probably more importantly Hearn on taking the Whyte fight? I actually do as that could have been a banana skin for them and so many on here said that fight wouldnt have happened then, but it did.

I think, no basis just a feeling, AJ wants these big fights and other promoters see money in the AJ fight so whats not to like. If/when he beats Parker I can only see a unification fight after this I still think Fury would be maybe 4/5 fights away from now. That is if both keep hold of their belts until then.

I said it in the previous thread (anybody find out who pinched it yet) Haye is the one to be avoided as I can see him taking out the very best in the division right now. He works his way to mandatory shot then whatever champion he fights is going to have problems. Dont see anyone giving him a voluntary thats for sure. Would be great for Haye to be mandatory to Fury after what has went in the past.

Hearn and even AJ thought Whyte was a fucking bum and an easy fight. In no way did they see any danger in that fight despite the hype job.

Not a person outwith the Hearn/AJ camp made out Martin was a tough opponent. Again more hype to drum up plenty revenue.

Joshua is a money making excersise for Hearn at this time and nothing more. He could turn out to be world class down the line but at the present moment he is no where near that. Its all hype and clever marketing to earn big bucks whilst taking minimum risk. Hearn isn't daft though he won't have AJ against a real dangerous opponent any time soon

Edited by diamond_for_life

Do you think it was "brave" of AJ and probably more importantly Hearn on taking the Whyte fight? I actually do as that could have been a banana skin for them and so many on here said that fight wouldnt have happened then, but it did.

I think, no basis just a feeling, AJ wants these big fights and other promoters see money in the AJ fight so whats not to like. If/when he beats Parker I can only see a unification fight after this I still think Fury would be maybe 4/5 fights away from now. That is if both keep hold of their belts until then.

I said it in the previous thread (anybody find out who pinched it yet) Haye is the one to be avoided as I can see him taking out the very best in the division right now. He works his way to mandatory shot then whatever champion he fights is going to have problems. Dont see anyone giving him a voluntary thats for sure. Would be great for Haye to be mandatory to Fury after what has went in the past.

Just cant see Haye and Fury ever fighting tbh. Fury has been pretty consistant in his stance not to give him a pay day, he said he wasted a fortune on training camps and stuff only for him not to fight, I think theres a decent chance he would carryout his threat to vacate a belt rather than give him a fight.

Out of interest who do you see as the "real" danger men of the division just now?

For who??? Fury or joshua or just in general??

For who??? Fury or joshua or just in general??

Sorry I was replying to the post before yours.

But this is an open forum feel free to wade in, question I was asking was in response to D_F_L saying Hearn wont let Joshua fight the real danger men. I mean I am sure everyones list will contain same 4-5 fighters maybe but might be a few come in from left field.

I am a Joshua fan, not biggest Fury fan but appreciate what he did in his last fight and deserves respect for that even though he is a clown.

For Joshua to get to where he is and having taking the coveted 0`s from his, what, last 3 opponents, come on??? 16 fights and world heavyweight champion??

The "coveted 0's" mean absolutely nothing when he's been fighting absolute diddies, who in turn have fought diddies. You can add his next fight to that list, which he'll win comfortably.

Haye fought a glorified doorman on Saturday who was 29-0, and we all seen how that went!

Don't read anything into fighters being undefeated unless they've actually fought anyone. As for Charles Martin being a heavyweight champ, I'm sure we'll all agree that was by default.

Edited by MONKMAN

Sorry I was replying to the post before yours.

But this is an open forum feel free to wade in, question I was asking was in response to D_F_L saying Hearn wont let Joshua fight the real danger men. I mean I am sure everyones list will contain same 4-5 fighters maybe but might be a few come in from left field.

I think its to soon for joshua to be in with an ortiz or haye...he is still learning on the job...but he is improving all the time.Also to soon to be in with fury or wilder imo.

Haye is fighting bums just now , better fight when hes fighting briggs at least he will throw punches.....his last two fight zzzzz. If he comes through that I can see fighters not so keen to face him. Joshua has a habit of dropping his right before he throws it and leaving his chin exposed....with haye ring craft at this moment he would exploit that weakness.

I like joshua and he is exciting to watch.....but its a whole different game when some one is taking your bombs and walking through them and then throwing them back.

Hearn and even AJ thought Whyte was a fucking bum and an easy fight. In no way did they see any danger in that fight despite the hype job.

Not a person outwith the Hearn/AJ camp made out Martin was a tough opponent. Again more hype to drum up plenty revenue.

Joshua is a money making excersise for Hearn at this time and nothing more. He could turn out to be world class down the line but at the present moment he is no where near that. Its all hype and clever marketing to earn big bucks whilst taking minimum risk. Hearn isn't daft though he won't have AJ against a real dangerous opponent any time soon

Disagree with you on this. Considering whyte was the only opponent to knock aj down in the amateurs (allegedly) and beat him i dont think aj would have took whyte lightly at all. Agree he's just there to make Hearn a shit load of money but he's getting better with every fight and after he defends his belt once or twice I have no doubts a unification fight will be top of the list as it makes most sense for all parties financially. Here's hoping that's the way it will pan out cos an aj fight against wilder or fury is what everyone would like to see ! Edited by Disco30

Eddie Hearn is talking shite he wants nothing to do with Fury.

What is it for you AJ has done to make him the best heavyweight in the world? For me to be the best, you need beat the best. So for me it's Fury

Hearn also made it clear that Brook wanted to fight almost every welterweight in the division, in addition to Golovkin.

He's already building up a Dillian Whyte rematch ffs, if you think Hearn will let him anywhere near Fury for the next two year then you really don't know how Eddie Hearn works. Barry Hearn was mentioning Zhang Zhilei ffs :lol: He's fighting some tin can at the moment :lol:

Brook's injury, the lack of opponents wanting to fight him and a mandatory in Bizier have all contributed to a lack of big fights for him, though I'm sure you know that. Shame Amir Khan shat it tbh.

The Dillian Whyte rematch is a good fight and something people would buy. The first fight was excellent and Whyte gave AJ by far his toughest test yet.

Sorry to break it to you, but Barry Hearn has nothing to do with making fights and hasn't done so for years. Though I'm sure you also know that.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie