Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

True, but these 2 have been targeting each other for years,  who else steps into the fold? 
Yeah, business wise I'm sure a rematch happens.

But based purely on what we seen, that's not a fight we need to see again. The only way it ends differently is if Shields knocks Marshall out.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, business wise I'm sure a rematch happens.

But based purely on what we seen, that's not a fight we need to see again. The only way it ends differently is if Shields knocks Marshall out.

I reckon Marshall has the ability to throw one big punch and get a KO as well.   Needs a fair bit of luck but there’s enough risk there for promoters to sell the fight on.  

Will It attract the same interest? I doubt it, but there’s probably an American market to chase who won’t have watched that, at least not live.

You are right it’s only going to be a business decision, but then 90% of fights are.

I can't put my finger on why it's funny, what Wilder does. It's all just so freakish. We know what happens when he meets a superior boxer, but as there's not many of them around at heavy, we just have him cutting about, icing people with mind blowing ease. The man has power for the generations. An absolute circus act that's there to be enjoyed. 

I just hope AJ considers "that smoke" to be something he's interested in. 

I genuinely love watching Deontay Wilder fight. His boxing ability isn’t the best, but possesses a right hand from the gods.
I’ve never seen anything like it, the way he puts people to sleep is incredible. 
I know, it really is just something to watch and enjoy/be puzzled by/marvel at.

I would say there is an argument to be made that no one has ever packed more force in a punch than him. Its just pure drama, and despite what Fury did to him, there is still a huge, huge chance, that Wilder finds himself with all the belts before he raps it.

Just mind blowing, logic defying power.

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I genuinely love watching Deontay Wilder fight. His boxing ability isn’t the best, but possesses a right hand from the gods.

I’ve never seen anything like it, the way he puts people to sleep is incredible. 

Aye, same. Just an absolute freak. Thoroughly enjoyable. 

Thought the boxxer card was pretty good. Thought Marshall did enough to earn a rematch, beaten handily (I had it 97-93) but thought she got the tactics wrong and smothered a lot of her own work with poor distance control.  Trusting her power from a longer range would have served her better. Shields was amazing though. Razor sharp. 

Had Mayer winning the other one but was tight so can't complain.

Tom Grennan though, what the f**k was that?

Tom Grennan though, what the f**k was that?

For years, and increasingly as I get older, I have been a seething wreck at lengthy ring walks and national anthems taking forever to get a fight started.... The influx of that shite will probably bring on a cardiac incident.