Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Sky's overhyping of their own fighters is really tedious. Up there with their Lewis Hamilton love in.
Sky coverage is something to be endured rather than enjoyed, for the majority of sports they allow you to follow tbh. The undercurrent of advertising is relentless.

Anyway I really hope Savannah does it tonight. She's a great fighter and seems like a really down to earth lassie.

That’s a shocker of a decision. Thought Mayer won that pretty comfortably by 3 or 4 rounds at least.

Looking forward to the main event. Marshall does seem like a sound lassie and is obviously a very good fighter, but got a feeling Shields might just be the best female fighter on the planet and too good for her.

I had Mayer as well but it's hard to split some of the rounds at times when they are so short and nothing between them.

Surely moving forward they have to move to 3 minute rounds at the top level when there is world titles involved. Two minutes isn't a long time to get your work done in a decisive manner I feel.

That’s a shocker of a decision. Thought Mayer won that pretty comfortably by 3 or 4 rounds at least.

Looking forward to the main event. Marshall does seem like a sound lassie and is obviously a very good fighter, but got a feeling Shields might just be the best female fighter on the planet and too good for her.
I just dont see what Baumgartner was doing to win rounds in the eyes of 2 judges. I dont see where her points were coming from. Mayer was in absolute control

Seen a couple of clips on Twitter of that Misfits Boxing show on DAZN. Really sad stuff DAZN and Sauerland putting their names to this, the desperation for a pound note knows no bounds.

Someone is going to get seriously hurt on one of these cards. A few knockouts I've seen the majority of these guys have no place in a boxing ring.