Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Eddie Hearn wants AJ to have a couple of knockover jobs before having another tough fight. That contract will be getting dragged out until Fury goes elsewhere. 

Wilder could end up WBA mandatory if he wins in a couple of weeks. Him v Usyk would be an entertaining freak show. Think Wilder wants Andy Ruiz next though. 

What the fighters say is largely irrelevant in these negotiations. Theres far too much money at stake with too many big players for the ramblings of someone like Fury to matter.
That's what they are, ramblings. It gives the impression that his mental health is becoming an issue again. He really needs to step back from the media rants.

I’m always a bit sceptical if the opponent agrees to fight regardless as well tbh. Kind of reaffirms my belief that most at that level are at it, surely if your trying to make it clean you don’t want anything to do with someone who has caught and giving them an opportunity regardless.

Edited by gannonball

It's a win win situation for Eubank to take the fight.  He wins the fight, which I'm fairly sure he thinks he will, then he says he beat a drug cheat. If by chance he loses the fight, his excuse is that Benn was juiced.  Either way, he walks away with a shitload of cash.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
40 minutes ago, ICTChris said:
I like how they call it a 'fertility drug', as though Benn has been trying to get pregnant in the run up to the fight.

What is the drug?

Clomifene - used to treat infertility in women, but can also be used as a testosterone booster in men.

Edited by MONKMAN

7 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

It's a win win situation for Eubank to take the fight.  He wins the fight, which I'm fairly sure he thinks he will, then he says he beat a drug cheat. If by chance he loses the fight, his excuse is that Benn was juiced.  Either way, he walks away with a shitload of cash.

Less for Benn to say when Eubank doesn't bother his arse to make weight either. A farce of a fight, ending up as a farce. 

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Fight is now off.

Definitely not off yet.

Matchroom will try and rat their way out of this so the show goes ahead by any means necessary.

Wouldn't even surprise me if they get the old Luxembourg Boxing Federation to sanction the fight if they can't legally force BBBoC to.

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Clomifene - used to treat infertility in women, but can also be used as a testosterone booster in men.

Who’s going to touch Benn if the ‘B sample’ confirms it?

Given Miller/Joshua was keyboshed off the back of one of their tests, is Hearn now going to bin VADA in DAZN/Matchroom promotions?

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

Wouldn't even surprise me if they get the old Luxembourg Boxing Federation to sanction the fight if they can't legally force BBBoC to.

I was half joking here but now transpires this is a route they are looking at as per Mike Coppinger.

Shameful stuff.

Fight now off but pretty much everyone involved here apart from Eubank Jr comes out of this looking like utter vermin.

A sad couple of days for the sport. The fight may be off but irreparable damage has been done.