Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

4 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I genuinely think that would be the worst outcome. It would give credibility to the morons who bought into the AJ hype. 

Stranger things have happened, this is boxing after all. Both have been off their feet, though never knocked out; with Joshua only having been stopped once.

Hype, or bullshit, one of which would have to go down the pan, following this match up.

The funniest timelin is that AJ knocks out Fury.  Doubt it will happen though.

Don’t be daft. The real banter timeline is Fury stopping Joshua half way through the second round having dropped him twice in the first and getting to see Fast Eddie’s facial reactions in real time. Worth the ticket / PPV price alone.

On 14/09/2022 at 16:51, Mr. Alli said:

AJ sparks Fury, quite easily.

Quite easily :lol: Didn’t know Tony Bellew was a Dundee fan. Hopefully you’re joking. 

What’s the predictions for Canelo/GGG? I would love to see Golovkin take the win but I fear he’s just that bit too far past his peak to trouble Canelo. Golovkin is still my favourite active fighter, the guy is an absolute monster, and it’s a shame he didn’t get more action when he truly was at the peak of his ability. 

I will be putting all my money (allocated for this bet) on Canelo on points. Golovkin won the first fight, absolutely zero doubt in my mind, and the second you could make a pretty good argument was a draw, but sadly I think too much time his past and Canelo will be too much for him and win it fairly comfortably. GGG will still have that monster chin, so I don’t see him getting stopped, but I’m thinking at least a 116-112, maybe wider.

2 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

I will be putting all my money (allocated for this bet) on Canelo on points. Golovkin won the first fight, absolutely zero doubt in my mind, and the second you could make a pretty good argument was a draw, but sadly I think too much time his past and Canelo will be too much for him and win it fairly comfortably. GGG will still have that monster chin, so I don’t see him getting stopped, but I’m thinking at least a 116-112, maybe wider.

Golovkin has always been a volume puncher and I wonder if he will still have the same engine to keep throwing for 12 rounds. He does look in excellent condition to be fair. Would love to see Canelo beat again, would be redemption of sorts for the robbery in the first fight. 

Im thinking similar to you though, wide points decision for Canelo. I can see GGG being the busier fighter but I think Canelo will be looking to counter every time Golovkin throws, and ultimately it will be those shots that land heavier and catch the judges eye. 

That was pish.

GGG turned up far too late and never looked like causing Canelo any real problems and Canelo was never knocking Golovkin out. I suppose Canelo can say he's cleanly beaten him now.