Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

An excellent, ebb and flow fight. CBS never really looked like losing it tbh but Chamberlain had his moments. Just couldn't hold his ground in the centre and got worked down over the distance.

A good example that you have to plan for 12. You can do as good as you want in fits and starts but if you can't plan what you are going to do to impose your will over the course, you will lose

On 12/06/2022 at 00:07, Neilly said:

1.4 million dollars Dubois got for this fight.

Against a tin can in a leisure centre. Good money if you can get it.

Long live Uncle Don.

Well, colour me shocked.

070A5C52-D3DE-4EF7-BD05-98C7EFA78013.jpeg

Coming out of retirement for the 50th time to fight Chisora, a guy who he said he wouldn't waste his time on. It's a shame his "I'll only fight for £1bn." Didn't happen, nor his "I'll only fight Joshua if it's for free".

I'm not sure if he's trying to stay relevant and just making himself look an idiot or if he's back on the powder but his behaviour is erratic. Hopefully he's just trying to keep his face in the papers.

Crawford Spence fight is rumoured to be agreed for November. This is the biggest fight in boxing in my opinion and I’ll be absolutely buzzing when it’s confirmed.

Eubank Jnr Benn confirmed for October at a catchweight. This isn’t a remotely interesting fight, but I’ll obviously still be wanting Eubank to lose. 

12 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Crawford Spence fight is rumoured to be agreed for November. This is the biggest fight in boxing in my opinion and I’ll be absolutely buzzing when it’s confirmed.

Eubank Jnr Benn confirmed for October at a catchweight. This isn’t a remotely interesting fight, but I’ll obviously still be wanting Eubank to lose. 

Re Eubank Benn, iv said for a while that Eubank is more interested in fabricating domestic level "rivalries" and milking the f**k out them than testing himself. I hope this isnt an indication that Benn is the same. I think no one has been worse than Matchroom for fostering this sort of thing. Even if an all British, big card is usually a good watch. 

Crawford v Spence is indeed probably THE fight in boxing atm. Can't wait to see Boots eat the winner 👀

FWIW Crawford is too good for Spence IMHO, but im glad it's going to happen. It would be the most notable point on each of their ledgers, if the others name never appeared on it. 

Boxing has hit a bit of a lull for the last couple of months so at least there is something to talk about. Particularly in the UK the few cards that have been on have been poor fare on the whole, particularly the undercards I can't remember the last time I watched a quality card of boxing.

Taylor/Catterall surely can't be far from announcement either and that will get the juices flowing more than Benn/Eubank.

Benn/Eubank is essentially two European level/fringe world level fighters taking a big pay cheque they won't get elsewhere against legitimate world class opposition. 

Surely Eubank isn't going to make 156 lbs, will take the fine that goes with it and iron out Benn accordingly. I don't rate Eubank at all but this should be another straight forward Golovkin/Brook type mismatch as long as Eubank isn't weak as a kitten when boiling down.

53 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Crawford v Spence is indeed probably THE fight in boxing atm. Can't wait to see Boots eat the winner 👀

FWIW Crawford is too good for Spence IMHO, but im glad it's going to happen. It would be the most notable point on each of their ledgers, if the others name never appeared on it. 

I think both need the fight to happen and yes, Crawford is too good and will win IMHO.

On 12/08/2022 at 13:14, Empty It said:

See Fury has changed his mind again and is retired again

Start of the week he was "ready". Frank Warren was saying he was dying to get back in the ring. Calling out Thor for an exhibition boxing match, flew to Iceland apparently to confront him. 

"Retires" the next day and won't step foot in the ring again.

Wilder back out against Helenius on 15th October. 

Helenius never really lived up to early promose but something of a career renaissance witg the two wins over Kownacki. At least as much as you can have in the heavies, since below the top 4 guys, the drop off is pretty stark.

Never easy to know how someone will fare when bridging that gap, but for a first time out after a bit of a humbling, it's not bad. Will watch. Will not pay extra.