Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Taylor vacates the WBC title & they mandate Zapeda Ramirez for the vacant belt. Just as expected, I predict he'll do the same with the WBO & IBF titles, before moving up, leaving Catterall fuming.
Just Taylor doing Taylor.

As an aside Prograis has been bumping his gums about not being involved in fights for any of the vacant titles. He isn't ranked 1/2 with ANY of those organisations!

Catterall isn't either, come to think of it, with Ramirez being 2 with the WBO would mean he'll probably contest their version when vacated.

Joyce looks ridiculously one paced & wide open to shots, but is obviously supremely fit, bangs hard & can go all night at a rate most Heavyweights just can't follow.

Joyce looks ridiculously one paced & wide open to shots, but is obviously supremely fit, bangs hard & can go all night at a rate most Heavyweights just can't follow.

It was a weird fight.

The German threw a few massive shots and they landed hard, but there was very little heart in that hammer.

Joyce deserves a decent pay day against a top British heavyweight. But he's not threatening anyone serious. In

I don’t care how strong his bone density is, if Joyce was ever to fight Wilder he would quite simply die. He’s got an incredible engine, but my fucking lord is his defence abysmal. The fact that he can take a shot obviously means he can tire most boys out, like he did to Hammer, but anyone close to their prime with decent power or any kind of stamina would have him out of there by the middle rounds.

18 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

anyone for chisora pulev 2?

The build up has been quite embarrassing, even for Matchroom standards. You can see that there’s absolutely no bad blood between the pair, and the head to heads are so obviously staged to try and get a 10 second clip that Dazn can plaster all over their social media platforms. Chisora 5 years ago might have done something daft just for the fun of it, but he’s mellowed out as he’s got older. 

Seen a clip from the press conference where Hearn asked Chisora if he sees this as a must win fight in his career, and Chisora bursts out laughing and says something like ‘keep showing me the money Eddie’. I have no doubt it will be an entertaining fight, but let’s not try and pretend it’s anything other than a pay day for 2 fighters well past their prime, and Hearn is well aware of that. 

Chisora has so much Vaseline on that he’s practically doing whiteface. Think I’ve got it 3-1 Pulev, but could easily be 2-2. Decent fight so far although big Del looks like he’s tiring already.

ETA: class that they’ve got the impartial David “Chisora’s manager” Haye on commentary as well. Chisora getting peppered with right hand in the fifth: “that must be disheartening for Pulev” [emoji23]

12 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

No idea, just appeared on the Twitter feed.

Would watch it though.

Aye it would certainly be entertaining.  There’s just something so brilliantly child like and petty about Chris Eubank and his wind ups.

When Sky used to do those sit down shows with boxers, the super middleweight one was just Eubank winding Steve Collins up.

• 2 weeks later...