Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Glad that Dubois got the win. Must admit though, when they first got in the ring, I was reminded of Bruno against Witherspoon, AJ against Ruiz. The chiselled Adonis against the Pilsbury dough boy but we all know how those fights turned out!

Glad that Dubois got the win. Must admit though, when they first got in the ring, I was reminded of Bruno against Witherspoon, AJ against Ruiz. The chiselled Adonis against the Pilsbury dough boy but we all know how those fights turned out!
At the mention of Ruiz, seeing Joyce is struggling for an opponent July 2nd, would be a decent shout for both fighters at short notice.

Night night.
a lot of debate on the replies about whether that will see Francis out of a job.

His SIA license is now suspended and it’s pretty unusual for a suspension to be revoked so I would say that he’ll be out of that particular job.

I’ve always liked Fury but my patience is wearing thin with this pantomime already. If he’s going to do as he says and retire to Morecambe to live with his family, health intact and a sizeable bank balance then he should go and do that. He likes to portray himself as some sort of noble character who couldn’t care less about money, in the same breath as demanding £500 million for fighting Usyk and saying he wants exhibition fights with Mike Tyson and The Rock 🤪 He should retire gracefully and stop treating the boxing audience as fools. 

Boxing retirement patter is almost always best ignored. Especially when it's a guy at the peak of his powers.

Furys "retirement" was never even close to convincing. I assumed we would see him again just about the same time as Whyte hit the mat.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Boxing retirement patter is almost always best ignored. Especially when it's a guy at the peak of his powers.

Furys "retirement" was never even close to convincing. I assumed we would see him again just about the same time as Whyte hit the mat.

It’s hard to ignore when every boxing news outlet runs a story on anything he says. There has been full articles written on the back of a 10 second instagram story. 

I noticed he only mentioned coming back to fight Usyk if he wins. What if Joshua wins? Surely there’s no way he knocks that back, a fight I would expect him to win quite easily.

I was too young for Benn v Eubank or Lewis v Bruno, would Fury AJ be a bigger fight than those? 

5 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

It’s hard to ignore when every boxing news outlet runs a story on anything he says. There has been full articles written on the back of a 10 second instagram story. 

I noticed he only mentioned coming back to fight Usyk if he wins. What if Joshua wins? Surely there’s no way he knocks that back, a fight I would expect him to win quite easily.

I was too young for Benn v Eubank or Lewis v Bruno, would Fury AJ be a bigger fight than those? 

I know. Its a massive PITA tbh but lets face it, that publicity is why he did it. 

I think Fury doesn't mention AJ just to get under AJ's skin. 

If AJ beats Usyk, its absolutely enormous. The Eddie/Sky hype train will see to that. Its big anyway tbh, and aye, Fury must be rooting like f**k for AJ to win. More money, more needle, easier sell, as big a crowd as you can physically fit wherever you want.......