Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
7 hours ago, thomas said:
I'm not a massive boxing fan and stumbled upon the Taylor Serrano fight( this throws up arguments as to why it wasn't advertised) and that was a brilliant bit of boxing, for me it should have been a draw but I do think we'll see a second fight. Quote tweeted a guy on twitter saying if it had been 3 minute rounds Serrano would have won it and tbh I agree but I did ask is this possibly an argument for 2 minute rounds in men's boxing? I'd much rather watch what I seen tonight as a main event than 2 giant guys hugging out 90 seconds of a 3 minute round.

It has been heavily advertised on Sky sports

Fair enough if it has been but I only found out about an hour before it started which just seemed odd as the Fury fight last week was popping up all over the place, glad I stumbled across it as it was brilliant entertainment.

18 hours ago, thepundit said:

Well that was worth staying up for!

I was hoping Taylor would win but to be honest I thought Serrano won. It was very close though. 

I’ve watched the fight again a few times since I made that post. (and sobered up!)

I can see why Taylor won. Serrano is swinging wildly but rarely connecting whereas Taylor was calculated and accurate despite being the less active.

Correct decision but there will absolutely be a rematch. Taylor isn’t going to finally start making 7 figures only to retire, especially as she has never had a big home event.

I’ve watched the fight again a few times since I made that post. (and sobered up!)
I can see why Taylor won. Serrano is swinging wildly but rarely connecting whereas Taylor was calculated and accurate despite being the less active.
Correct decision but there will absolutely be a rematch. Taylor isn’t going to finally start making 7 figures only to retire, especially as she has never had a big home event.
There's a reason she hasn't had a home event and it's nothing to do with money or success. Boxing events are de facto banned in Ireland ever since someone was killed at a weigh in with it being suspected it was beef between two rival Irish crime clans. One of them was allegedly involving Daniel Kinahan (remember him?)

Irish journalist Nicola Tallant did a couple of podcasts about the Kinahan organisation.  She's written about him for many years - Billy Joe Saunders sent her a load of messages telling her that she had him all wrong and she could have an interview with him if she promised to write good things.

13 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Billy Joe Saunders is a fucking moron. 

Yep.

She also did a podcast with The Underworld Podcast about Kinsahan and boxing.  One of the things she says is that MTK collapsing and the Kinahan boxing empire being wound up will reduce the money in boxing.  I guess it will but the gyms will surely continue, other people will take over.  I think their gym in Scotland has been renamed already, assume someone has taken over.

Well worth getting up in the middle of the night for. Absolute masterclass and even Bivol winning 115-113 on all cards was an attempted robbery - I had it 10-2. 

Absolutely dominated behind the jab, lovely left hook when needed and peppered him with the straight right all night. Delicious interview after as well. 

Big Martin Bakole giving Tony Yoka an absolute bleaching in France going under the radar.

I never gave Yoka a round and Bakole had him down twice as well. Scored a draw on one card and narrow to Bakole on the other two. Correct result but absolutely disgusting stuff that's now the norm.