Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Kiddy, I know you do (and always have) hate(d) Fury, but this is genuinely mental stuff you're spouting here. Whyte was completely done, he didn't "beat the count" he managed to get to his feet and then stumbled all over the place. If he hadn't have pushed him, Fury could have landed three shots and put his lights completely out, instead, he gave him the wee shove, which as he was completely out on his feet, was more than enough to put Whyte on his ass, and still give him bambi legs when he did get up. There're no possible other interpretations of the situation, and any other is simply just bad faith.
If ma Auntie had baws. #ignored.

22 minutes ago, kiddy said:

If ma Auntie had baws. #ignored.

Whyte didn't beat the count though. He staggered to his feet, then staggered into the ropes as the ref was checking on him. He was completely done and it wasn't the push that had him on rubber legs.

Whyte didn't beat the count though. He staggered to his feet, then staggered into the ropes as the ref was checking on him. He was completely done and it wasn't the push that had him on rubber legs.
& another.

2 hours ago, kiddy said:

& another.

If you ignored everyone who thought Dillian Whyte was legitimately TKO'd you'll never speak to anyone about boxing again tbh.

4 hours ago, kiddy said:
6 hours ago, GiGi said:

& another.

Are you just going to put everyone on ignore that has a differing opinion to yourself? You do realise this is a forum?

:lol: Whyte needed oxygen about 30 secs after the ref called it off.  On what planet was he going to recover in the minute and keep fighting?  It would have been criminally unsafe to let him continue under any circumstances. 

12 hours ago, ICTChris said:

A guy on Twitter has done a bit of digging and found a multitude of companies all started by Kinahan or his associates, all using the same luxury Dubai office complex as their headquarters. He hinted that if the authorities were able to untangle the financial dealings of these companies, there could be a few high profile names in boxing with some questions to answer. He did also say that it could be very hard to trace the flow of money through these companies, as there is so many intentional hurdles and blind alleys that have been put in place by the lawyers and accountants used by the Kinahans that it could take years to truly uncover it. 

I see the UAE have now frozen the assets and bank accounts of Kinahan, so it looks like the net is closing in on him. I think he was banking on the UAE not cooperating with an extradition request from the US, but from the looks of it that’s not going to happen. I would be interested to know just exactly what he’s been up to for the past few weeks, apart from shredding tonnes of paperwork and deleting all incriminating texts and emails. Is he still holed up in his Dubai mansion on the Palm Jumeirah, waiting for a chap at the door? 

Anyone interested in the Taylor/Serrano fight tonight? I just can't buy into the fake hype as much as I think it will be a good boxing match.

Shakur/Valdez is the more intriguing fight and that's a decent capture for Sky.

Taylor beats Serrano split decision. I only saw from the middle rounds. Looked a draw to me don't think Serrano deserved to lose. They both went at it hammer and tongs.

Absolute warriors.

I'm not a massive boxing fan and stumbled upon the Taylor Serrano fight( this throws up arguments as to why it wasn't advertised) and that was a brilliant bit of boxing, for me it should have been a draw but I do think we'll see a second fight. Quote tweeted a guy on twitter saying if it had been 3 minute rounds Serrano would have won it and tbh I agree but I did ask is this possibly an argument for 2 minute rounds in men's boxing? I'd much rather watch what I seen tonight as a main event than 2 giant guys hugging out 90 seconds of a 3 minute round.

I'm not a massive boxing fan and stumbled upon the Taylor Serrano fight( this throws up arguments as to why it wasn't advertised) and that was a brilliant bit of boxing, for me it should have been a draw but I do think we'll see a second fight. Quote tweeted a guy on twitter saying if it had been 3 minute rounds Serrano would have won it and tbh I agree but I did ask is this possibly an argument for 2 minute rounds in men's boxing? I'd much rather watch what I seen tonight as a main event than 2 giant guys hugging out 90 seconds of a 3 minute round.
It has been heavily advertised on Sky sports

34 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Is there a chance Taylor retires after that.

I mean what else does she have to prove.

Almost 36 and had a long career

They will do a big rematch in Ireland I reckon at Croke Park or something. There may be a push for three minute rounds for that to add some further jazz to the bout. Sounds like a cracking fight.

Only caught the Smith/Vargas fight in the end and that went down as expected. Beefy is always a great watch and hopefully he can get a world title fight on the back of this. I would imagine Vargas now retires there's really nowhere for him to go after that pummelling.