Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Missed the first four rounds, but this is really enjoyable stuff so far. Both guys just staying in the pocket and trading. Golovkin is getting the better of it from what I’ve seen, but Murata is certainly live. Enjoyable fight.

Golovkin’s hooks behind the guard remain absolutely vicious. At 40 he’s noticeably slower with his footwork than at his terminator best, but his chin is still incredible and his accuracy unreal. Will be amazed if Murata sees out this 9th round, now taking a complete pasting.

Golovkin’s hooks behind the guard remain absolutely vicious. At 40 he’s noticeably slower with his footwork than at his terminator best, but his chin is still incredible and his accuracy unreal. Will be amazed if Murata sees out this 9th round, now taking a complete pasting.
Yeah I switched on after your post so only seen from 7 onwards, but he was well in charge by then. It was a very slow pace but one of those ones where GGG was dictating that pace and measuring his shots, but definitely not like he used to. In truth, he's a bit of a shadow of himself, which is more praise of GGG of old than criticism of the still very good current one.

There were glimpses though, in the way he didn't like many do, stifle his own work on the ropes... He stayed at the perfect range, feinting shots and ripping in hooks and right hands. Such a punishing fighter.

I don't want him v Canelo though. Canelo would have way too much now IMO, again, not a criticism of GGG. I guess if you want a last money fight though and you have an obvious in for Canelo, you take it.

GGG's punch he throws that comes from above your guard is just brutal. You don't expect shots to come from there and he just throws them time and time again. It's not a knockout blow but Christ that would scramble you after 5-6 rounds. 

Impressed with Murata, gave it a hell of a go.

GGG's punch he throws that comes from above your guard is just brutal. You don't expect shots to come from there and he just throws them time and time again. It's not a knockout blow but Christ that would scramble you after 5-6 rounds. 
Impressed with Murata, gave it a hell of a go.
When you have the power to hurt even through back high guard, it gives you great options.

Anyone else on here heading down to Wembley for the Fury fight?  I should be more enthusiastic than I feel right now but I don't care what anyone says, the lack of build up has detracted from the fight massively.  Although I see Whyte has broken his social media blackout today.