Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

The timing of Jnr’s check left hook has been outstanding. With his speed and chin, when he doesn’t have to be the one to force the action he can be very slick and effective. It’s when he’s in with a counter punching boxer and he has to try to get in range that he struggles.

Roy Jones Jnr is possibly the perfect man to train and set game plans for him, as he’s maybe the greatest “unorthodox, reactive” boxer there’s ever been.

Williams is obviously still in this and having a right good go, but he’s doing a worrying amount of blinking. Might have got a concussion from one of the early knockdowns. Hopefully ok after the fight once the adrenaline wears off.

32 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Williams is obviously still in this and having a right good go, but he’s doing a worrying amount of blinking. Might have got a concussion from one of the early knockdowns. Hopefully ok after the fight once the adrenaline wears off.

He's always done that. Must have some sort of condition as you'll see it at pretty much any press conference or interview over the years.

Strange fight. Williams seemed to have absolutely zero punch resistance in the early rounds. Credit to him for getting to the end but it was a bit of a non event in the end.

Ryder wins on a split decision, I have literally no idea how, lost every one of the first 6 rounds and probably a couple of the last 6, IMO. Made it a much more entertaining fight in the second half, but that’s a wild hometowner if ever there was one.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Do pubs still show big fights like this weekend's?

I'm up in Inverness with the family but I want to see this, and I reckon I could persuade the missus to let me sneak out for an hour or 2.

Theres a few places round here have it and are advertising it on fb so def worth checking a few pubs social media accounts