Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They either get 200 grand each from Sky for a regular channel or far more on PPV. 

Neither of the two them would agree to the fight unless it's PPV. They probably only need to do 50,000 sales to make more than regular Sky. 

No one would have given a single f**k if they didnt agree to fight. Both guys are beyond spent, and are boxing irrelevances now. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

No one would have given a single f**k if they didnt agree to fight. Both guys are beyond spent, and are boxing irrelevances now. 

There are quite a lot of sporting events you could say that about.... 

No one is going to be forced to pay for it or even stream for free. The complaints remind me of the Woody Allen joke about the old Jewish woman moaning about a restaurant "The food was terrible and the portions were so small". 

They genuinely dislike each other, are both thick as mince and ripe to get knocked out. Both Haye Vs Bellew fights were good entertainment and I think this might be.

27 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I can see absolutely desperate stuff being pulled out in the press conferences in the lead up to it to try and drum up interest.

Yeah, that was next on my list of gripes. I dont particularly buy the amount of needle. There might be some, but they are going to absolutely cane it for this to hoover up the idiot pound. 

I would watch it on a stream if im doing nothing else that night, but then if im doing nothi g else il watch any fight really. 

Khan was posting naked pics of Brook a few years ago and calling him gay. Brook was saying AJ banged Khan's wife. 
As far as sporting feuds go it seems real enough. 
Not for me. Dont buy it. Plenty of boxers have said plenty of shit about other boxers then been all smiles when the cheques were getting cashed. Many such cases.

Genuine beefs like Barrera and Morales needed no extra hyping, they just existed.

Nowadays, they are almost all total lies.

How many ppv buys do they expect from Brook v Khan?
It’s like a low budget Mayweather v Pacquiao, at the very least 5 years after people might have been genuinely interested. Khan wasted potentially the best years of his career chasing fights with both those guys when he should have been fighting Brook.

Having finally gotten round to my intention of watching as much of Boots Ennis' fights as I can find, let me recommend the work of this young man to anyone who hasn't seen him. He's coming for 147, and I am unconvinced anyone except maybe Bud will have too much say in the matter.

Very good stoppage, IMO. Was only ending with Arthur being badly hurt if that was allowed to continue. 2nd round aside where he seemed to be finding his range proper, Yarde was absolutely ferocious there, and looked very, very good. Was especially impressed with his bodywork, and looked like he learnt a lot from the original fight.

Would be surprised if he doesn’t win a world title very soon on that showing. That wasn’t the one dimensional banger from a couple of years ago, a much more complete performance.