Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Don't think I'll make it to 3am or whenever they start. Scotland game tomorrow and golf at 8 on Sunday morning.

Every Fury fight I think this will be the one where he gets found out, but it never happens. Funny feeling that Wilder might catch him this time, cue Fury strolling it.

One of my mates has the Usyk/Wilder double, looking at a couple of grand if the big right lands.

Liking hearing Wilder admit his problem is that he panics and forgets basic stuff like using his jab. If he can stay calm and control the distance it becomes a different fight. Do enjoy his spectacular KO’s but fear he’ll just revert to type under pressure from Fury. 

He’s come in at the heaviest weight of his career, and is making all the right noises. I’m still 60% sure Fury is going to box his ears off, but think 11/4 for a Wilder knock out has a hell of a lot of value in it. Dopey Deontay always has a chance, just ask that mascot with the (probably still) broken jaw.

5 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

He’s come in at the heaviest weight of his career, and is making all the right noises. I’m still 60% sure Fury is going to box his ears off, but think 11/4 for a Wilder knock out has a hell of a lot of value in it. Dopey Deontay always has a chance, just ask that mascot with the (probably still) broken jaw.

I’m a bit sceptical over Fury’s actual weight as I think visually he looked in as good a shape as he has ever been, think he might have been at it a bit. As for Wilder he does look like he has bulked and his weight shows that (minus the legs obvs).

Im also in same book whilst everything points to a Fury win again I have this feeling in the background that Wilder is going to pull out the sucker punch with the usual devastation. 
Part of me would find it amusing that the supposed super fight with all the belts between AJ and Fury would be now relatively worthless to what it was meant to be.

3 hours ago, Peter Grant said:

Liking hearing Wilder admit his problem is that he panics and forgets basic stuff like using his jab. If he can stay calm and control the distance it becomes a different fight. Do enjoy his spectacular KO’s but fear he’ll just revert to type under pressure from Fury. 

I think any attempt to control anything is doomed to failure against the second best boxer in the division. He does however need to consider his set up to the right hand more. He cant afford to be taking punishment from Fury and getting worked out of the fight because he is stranding waiting for a glaringly obvious opening to land the big right. He does need to "box" better clearly, but he doesnt want to be seeking to win a boxing match. Its still ALL about seeking the KO. 

I agree with you though re the last bit, he absolutely will revert to type. A fighters instincts are everything and for me, this is what betrays both Wilder and AJ. They just dont have the grounding of what to do when in trouble. 

On 08/10/2021 at 07:50, IrishBhoy said:

That’s very true. The referee in that fight actually done an excellent job and the count was fair, Fury was up on 9 and put his arms out to lean on the referees shoulders to stabilise himself. The ref instantly pushed him away and asked him to walk to his left then come back to him, which Fury obviously managed. Another referee might have looked at the heavy knockdown, seen Fury’s eyes closed and waved it off instantly. 

Most people have probably seen this before but for anyone who hasn’t it’s a good watch. 

Are you not meant to do the count then restart the fight? 

I've a funny feeling that Wilder will take this and the fact that boxing is corrupt as f**k makes me lean into this.

Hometown 'hero' with revenge on the cards. Forget that though, the most money to be made for both fighters and indeed all the money men (especially since Joshua's stock has crashed) is a 4th deciding fight. The only way that happens is with a Fury loss.