Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

3 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Unfortunately it’s the latest in a long line of shocking decisions in the UK, with British officials scoring wildly in favour of home fighters. 

A good yard stick for judging a robbery is if Macklin and Adam Smith think the other guy won. Worst I can remember was Ritson V Vasquez which Ritson won by split decision. He was lucky to have won 2 rounds and there wasn’t a pundit in the arena who thought he had done enough to win, and even Eddie Hearn came out and said he didn’t win. Terry o Connor scored the fight 117-111 Ritson :lol: 

So has Hearn bought this fight for Hatton then?  Who's making that happen?  (I know it's the ref's decision but who's really called the shot?)

I saw a tweet which had the In-Play betting as 16-1 for Hatton's opponent during the 5th round of the fight.  I'd have lost a small fortune if I'd seen that - but the bookies obviously knew what was going to happen.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

So has Hearn bought this fight for Hatton then?  Who's making that happen?  (I know it's the ref's decision but who's really called the shot?)

I saw a tweet which had the In-Play betting as 16-1 for Hatton's opponent during the 5th round of the fight.  I'd have lost a small fortune if I'd seen that - but the bookies obviously knew what was going to happen.

I don’t think Hearn has any influence on the judges, although he gets a lot of stick for it. I think it’s just a case of extremely poor, verging on incompetent judging. 

They used to claim the crowd influenced their bias towards the home fighters, but that Ritson fight was during lockdown so they didn’t have that excuse then. 

I don’t think Hearn has any influence on the judges, although he gets a lot of stick for it. I think it’s just a case of extremely poor, verging on incompetent judging. 

They used to claim the crowd influenced their bias towards the home fighters, but that Ritson fight was during lockdown so they didn’t have that excuse then. 
Are we honestly saying that it's incompetence and not corruption that's led to that decision? I'm not having that.

The boy accepted the decision fairly well, and that told me that he knew he wasn't going to win tonight. He was collecting his money and being a good boy.

Are we honestly saying that it's incompetence and not corruption that's led to that decision? I'm not having that.

The boy accepted the decision fairly well, and that told me that he knew he wasn't going to win tonight. He was collecting his money and being a good boy.

That happens. There are fighters who make a career of this. In many cases, they dont want the upset because they know it wont get them more work. Its not all just as simple as blatant corruption

Eta well actually i suppose it is.... But its not simple

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Hard to disagree, but Hearn doesn’t need to get himself involved in any shenanigans like that, especially for someone at Hattons level. By the looks of it he will see out however many fights he’s contracted to Matchroom for, then go and sign for MTK. Hearn took a gamble on the name and it doesn’t look like it’s paid off. 

If it goes the distance, AJ gets the decision regardless of how the fight goes. If it’s stopped in the mid rounds, AJ has won it, but i genuinely think Usyk might gas him with his footwork and pressure and finish him around 10. Could go anyway though, unreal potential.

Cannot fucking wait for this!!!!