Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

It really is about time some new blood was brought into British boxing with regards to the officials. It’s the same 5 or 6 at every televised event, regularly making horrific decisions. 

You had Steve Gray a few months back throwing a towel out the ring when the corner wanted the fight stopped, Terry O Connor sitting playing Candy Crush on his phone during a fight he was meant to be judging, Marcus McDonald with that howler tonight and I’m sure you could find examples for Ian John Lewis and Victor Laughlin as well. The BBBC just seems to be ran like a bowling club, keeping the old guard in a job and making sure they keep on collecting their wages on a weekly basis. 

18 minutes ago, kiddy said:
44 minutes ago, JMDP said:
Genuinely one of the worst decisions I've  ever seen that. The commentators on DAZN in Spain burst out laughing when it got read out, was pretty inevitable.

RJJ & Bellew both said he lost.

In Spain, there are Spanish commentators over the top - both laughed at the decision. 

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

He will get stretched out badly by the first decent fighter he comes up against.
That guy was 2-4 taking the fight at six days notice.

That's what I though too.

I reckon if Hatton had shook his head and raised the other guy's hand he'd have become a real fan's hero - showing some honesty rather than going along with that charade.

I've only got into boxing in the last couple of years and I've never seen anything like that.  I don't want to fund nonsense like that. 

15 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I've only got into boxing in the last couple of years and I've never seen anything like that.  I don't want to fund nonsense like that. 

Unfortunately it’s the latest in a long line of shocking decisions in the UK, with British officials scoring wildly in favour of home fighters. 

A good yard stick for judging a robbery is if Macklin and Adam Smith think the other guy won. Worst I can remember was Ritson V Vasquez which Ritson won by split decision. He was lucky to have won 2 rounds and there wasn’t a pundit in the arena who thought he had done enough to win, and even Eddie Hearn came out and said he didn’t win. Terry o Connor scored the fight 117-111 Ritson :lol: 

Edited by IrishBhoy