Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

On 13/09/2021 at 19:25, Rob1885 said:

Please go to My5 and watch the re-run of the Eggington fight from Friday. You will not regret it.

Went back and caught this during the week after your recommendation. Glad I did, enjoyed every second of it. Thought the decision was probably just about right, I had it to Eggington by a couple. One of the judges had his opponent winning something ridiculous like 117-111, I could understand seeing it to Jkitou by a round or so as they were both landing pretty clean throughout but thought Eggington was the more dominant in more of the rounds. 

Didn’t really get to hear what Eggingtons corner were saying to him during rounds, but if they weren’t telling him to create a bit of space and stop falling inside then they need punted. I’m no boxing analyst but a blind man could see that the minute Eggington used his feet and started throwing a few jabs at range he was having a field day. The next minute he falls back inside and wants to trade hooks up close where he was getting caught time and again, and when he did try to move he managed to box himself into a corner and didn’t bother trying to get out. It’s possible he just doesn’t possess the ability to box like that though, and he has previous for getting dragged into brawls. Always an enjoyable fight with Eggington, but he has taken some of amount of punishment for a guy his age. His face was an absolute riot after the fight. 

On 23/09/2021 at 09:22, kiddy said:

Without doubt the biggest test, to date, for AJ. He's going in with something he's yet to see in the HW division, an elite level boxer. Not a fighter, a boxer.

Even at the weigh in you can see Usyk has the ironing board flat chest of a lightweight. Maybe carrying a bit more muscle on his back than before.