Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

On 21/07/2021 at 08:56, Bairnardo said:

Heart telling me Usyk can do it by draining AJs shitty tank using the footwork you mentioned, then catch him wit something late. My head is ruining it all by telling me that Usyk really isn't that hard to find, and cant hurt AJ. I would be utterly delighted to see the mad b*****d put on a clinic though, 

That’s basing it on previous fights though. He is utterly mental and may well take those shots early on to freak out the opponent and also use it to work them out. “How do they react when they land a shot?” Is maybe what he’s thinking, rather than “ouch, that was unpleasant”. He’ll know AJ carries concussive power. Let’s see what he comes up with in terms of a plan. 

Joshua’s last couple of fights have really impressed me and in all the Fury/Wilder/AJ talk I think the quality of this match up has been overlooked a bit. This has the makings of an all-time classic and I can see them both ending up on their arses at some point. 

23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That’s basing it on previous fights though. He is utterly mental and may well take those shots early on to freak out the opponent and also use it to work them out. “How do they react when they land a shot?” Is maybe what he’s thinking, rather than “ouch, that was unpleasant”. He’ll know AJ carries concussive power. Let’s see what he comes up with in terms of a plan. 

Joshua’s last couple of fights have really impressed me and in all the Fury/Wilder/AJ talk I think the quality of this match up has been overlooked a bit. This has the makings of an all-time classic and I can see them both ending up on their arses at some point. 

I just dont see that as a sound approach in the heavyweight division. Its been a long time since I have wanted a fighter to win as much as I want Usyk to win this one though. 

Its just that every way in which I try to rationally tell myself Usyk can do it, something comes in and say "yeah but...." 

Had to laugh at them spouting about a Joyce win putting him in as mandatory for a fight with the winner of Joshua/Usyk.
Usyk IS Joshua's mandatory.[emoji2371][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

For someone looking to step up to world level, Joyce isn’t half getting punched clean directly in the face a lot. Think he’ll win still as Takam looks like he’s gassing already, but not a great start from Joyce