Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Just watching AJ getting interviewed on SSN. Never seen him speak so badly. Just an absolute slaver. Sounds like a low level WWE type guy.

Just talked about the Wilder only having 1 weapon in his arsenry emoji23.png

"Usyk or not, the Fury fight will happen" Eh, no. Should Usyk win, the winner of Fury/Wilder will head straight for him & AJ would find himself well down the queue.

EVERYTHING, is at stake with the Usyk fight, & HE's the most dangerous BOXER in the division.

IMG_9433.thumb.jpg.84408a32cb5ed641b2ca3d5748277241.jpg

Prediction for tonight. Hopefully Loma’s shoulder has fully recovered. Think Tank might be too small for a live 140.
Tank maneuvering himself into a mandatory shot at Taylor, with the regular WBA belt?

Tank maneuvering himself into a mandatory shot at Taylor, with the regular WBA belt?

I’ve only seen highlights, but Tank needs to stay as far away from Josh as he possibly can. He’s got bags of talent and even at 140 can obviously bang, but I don’t think he has the concentration or work rate to deal with elite fighters at that weight. Taylor would dismantle him by the mid-late rounds.

Loma v Lopez rematch at the earliest convenience please.

Loma was so, so good last night. Fair play to Nakatani, was obviously really well conditioned, has a hell of a chin and went in to compete and win, but he was just in with someone that is the absolute elite of the elite. I’ve been watching boxing for a while, and I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone as technically skilled. It’s like watching Messi play football, just an absolute joy.

In saying that, Lopez in the first fight was around three weight classes bigger on the night, and as long as he hasn’t gone full Andy Ruiz, he’ll be in similarly good shape and now the experience of winning a properly big fight. Last 6 rounds looked like Loma had worked him out though, so would expect him to get in a little earlier this time and win it on points, but will be so class to see them go again either way.

4 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I’ve only seen highlights, but Tank needs to stay as far away from Josh as he possibly can. He’s got bags of talent and even at 140 can obviously bang, but I don’t think he has the concentration or work rate to deal with elite fighters at that weight. Taylor would dismantle him by the mid-late rounds.

Loma was so, so good last night. Fair play to Nakatani, was obviously really well conditioned, has a hell of a chin and went in to compete and win, but he was just in with someone that is the absolute elite of the elite. I’ve been watching boxing for a while, and I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone as technically skilled. It’s like watching Messi play football, just an absolute joy.

In saying that, Lopez in the first fight was around three weight classes bigger on the night, and as long as he hasn’t gone full Andy Ruiz, he’ll be in similarly good shape and now the experience of winning a properly big fight. Last 6 rounds looked like Loma had worked him out though, so would expect him to get in a little earlier this time and win it on points, but will be so class to see them go again either way.

Loma is clever and a technician. I expect him to have learned a lot from the first fight and he came on like you say in the second half, having spent the first too tentative to get in punching range. For good reason tbf, Lopez was keeping him off. But thats the narrative of the rematch and its this sort of thing that gets me excited. Can Loma get in range and control the distance. Its a great fight to make. An instant classic. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/05/2021 at 11:22, Detournement said:

You've got to wonder why Fury made by his announcement video when he knew the judgement was coming in the USA. 

I will be surprised if Fury fights this year. Joshua Vs Usyk. 

As predicted. Fury absolutely at it here. There was no chance he was fighting Wilder on a 9 week camp after 18 months of inactivity.

Dan Rafael reporting he has only had one jag which is fucking ridiculous considering he has been running about various cities in America since April and they are giving them out to all ages there and doing 4 week second doses. 

Should be a tremendous fight. Joshua will rightly be favourite, but I’m not sure how it goes.

Chisora made the first 3 rounds awkward for Usyk by just pressing forward like f**k, but then Usyk worked him out and cruised most of it. Could / should have taken him out a couple of times. Joshua won’t do that, now wants to sit behind his jab at distance and control things. Not sure how well that works against someone with footwork as good as Usyk, although Joshua obviously has a significant reach advantage to fall back on.

If Usyk can keep Joshua moving, get in and out of range, and not get hit by anything too big, I think he can tire Joshua out and finish him in the late rounds. Lots of ifs though, and if it goes to the cards Usyk could be struggling regardless of how the fight goes.

4 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Should be a tremendous fight. Joshua will rightly be favourite, but I’m not sure how it goes.

Chisora made the first 3 rounds awkward for Usyk by just pressing forward like f**k, but then Usyk worked him out and cruised most of it. Could / should have taken him out a couple of times. Joshua won’t do that, now wants to sit behind his jab at distance and control things. Not sure how well that works against someone with footwork as good as Usyk, although Joshua obviously has a significant reach advantage to fall back on.

If Usyk can keep Joshua moving, get in and out of range, and not get hit by anything too big, I think he can tire Joshua out and finish him in the late rounds. Lots of ifs though, and if it goes to the cards Usyk could be struggling regardless of how the fight goes.

I have a huge dislike for Anthony Joshua and Usyk being quite simply the better boxer makes any potential AJ win a travesty IMO. And I say this perfectly aware that on the night AJ might win fair and square. It’ll just be by being Eddie’s big massive b*****d though.

I was a bit annoyed at the AJ v Fury fight getting canned but given my general disdain for AJ as a boxer, I think it’s fair and just that he has to see off Usyk first to merit a shot at Fury.

13 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Heart telling me Usyk can do it by draining AJs shitty tank using the footwork you mentioned, then catch him wit something late. My head is ruining it all by telling me that Usyk really isn't that hard to find, and cant hurt AJ. I would be utterly delighted to see the mad b*****d put on a clinic though,