Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I see Eddie's got Ritson a final eliminator for Taylor's IBF belt.
Added to Catterall's WBO mandatory challenge that'd be the Easter Road & Castle fights covered then.
Zepeda's ranked 1 by the WBC & Puello?, the WBA.

Should out Ritson and Catterall in against Taylor at same time at least give him a bit of a challenge

On 23/05/2021 at 19:55, Boostin' Kev said:

Bet @IrishBhoyis raging on social media right now. 

Bit of a strange comment seeing that I had made a post lauding Taylor on the previous page. I realise you get quite upset when someone calls out Taylor’s nonsense but, as I’ve said before, it’s possible to find some of his online comments and previous behaviour distasteful at the same time as enjoying watching a very skilful Scottish boxer. 

I actually really liked Taylor’s antics in the build up to the fight. He was in full bam up mode and it looked to have got under the skin of Ramirez and his team. If he could keep the Covid conspiracy theory chat to a minimum from now on that would be great. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

John Fury is some boy. His interview yesterday about Tyson and AJ and then Tommy is a decent watch. 

"Tyson? Well, he's 20,000 yes men around him now". 

All the stuff he is saying is completely undeniable.

Not getting rid of the rematch clause back in December is crazy. It's cost him probably £40 million so it's not just about money. Putting out a video saying the AJ fight was signed days before signing the Wilder fight was completely disrespectful to every fan in the UK. 

I'm obviously not a Fury fan but this seems more like Arum trying to hurt Hearn than Fury making decisions. Arum fucked fighters and fans for years with the Top Rank/Golden Boy war and this also stinks of him. 

Also I suspect that if/when Fury beats Wilder Arum is going to block any AJ fight unless it happens in America. 

Edited by Detournement

Aye, the John Fury interview is a good one. 

Pascal just been caught juicing with three different banned substances. Fight with Badou Jack off - Jack claims he knew after the first fight that Pascal was juicing. 

Decent night of boxing last night with Donaire winning a world title for the 9th time and Haney beating Linares.

Quite like to see Haney fight lopez next, don't know if he would cope with the power though. He dominated Linares for the first 9 rounds but was caught with a peach of a shot at the end of the 10th and hung on for the last 2 rounds. 

Nonito is some fucking boy. Thought that colossal effort he put in against Inoue would be the last we really seen of him on the main stage at the time. To go on and pick up a title at his age in the lower weights is incredible. Baller.

Decent run of fights for Ben Davison (Taylor, McGregor, Haney). Saw someone a while back asking for thoughts on him as a trainer. Taylor’s last three knockdowns/ko were all stuff Davison had him working on/looking out for. Thought Taylor was looking in great shape physically too and McGregor was superb last time out. Much of the criticism he gets seems to be based on Fury not wiping out Wilder in the first fight like he did in the second one. 

Dubois served up with another patsy, on his return, by Warren.
He'll have learned absolutely nothing from that.
Whilst the WBA list of "Champions" really is totally abysmal.
But hey, having been exposed by Joe Joyce, he's now in for a shot at AJ.[emoji85]

Going to presume absolutley nobody on here will he staying up for the Mayweather fight?

As someone that has grown up watching Youtubers like KSI I find it ridiculous beyond belief that this fight is actually happening. 

I think Mayweather will of course easily dispose of Logan Paul but does anyone actually care at all if he loses, a long shot I know but imagine he gets sparked out, does that change his legacy one bit? 

21 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Going to presume absolutley nobody on here will he staying up for the Mayweather fight?

As someone that has grown up watching Youtubers like KSI I find it ridiculous beyond belief that this fight is actually happening. 

I think Mayweather will of course easily dispose of Logan Paul but does anyone actually care at all if he loses, a long shot I know but imagine he gets sparked out, does that change his legacy one bit? 

i'm on the nightshift so i might try find a source to watch it for no other reason than the tele is shite tonight.

20 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I'm up for work at 5 on weekdays anyway so if i wake up before my alarm i'll see if i can get a stream or watch the highlights on twitter if it's finished. My guess is Mayweather will test him with single shots in the first round or two then go for the ko.

This is basically WWE stuff for Floyd now. He's earning a fortune for no risk at all. It won't impact his reputation at al. Ali had that stupid fight vs Inoki and also boxed an NFL player during his career.

There’s not a chance that Mayweather gets beat, none whatsoever. He spent 20 not getting punched by the best boxers on the planet, so there’s no chance some idiot from YouTube is sparking him. People are saying this guy has a “punchers chance”, they said the same about Conor McGregor and Floyd laughed his way through his punches. 

Complete farce of a fight, that people will actually spend money watching. It’ll go the same way as the McGregor fight, it ends when Floyd wants it to end.