Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

What a result and performance. Any boxer going over to states to fight a very good Mexican boxer, is facing an uphill battle at best of times. 

I had my doubts beforehand if I am being honest but that was a champions performance no doubt. 

Edited by BigDoddyKane

Fucking fair play to Taylor that was an excellent win against a rock solid opponent. Was getting worried in the later rounds that Ramirez was going to catch Josh with a clean one, he was becoming slightly untidy with his work and falling in with his chin exposed but Ramirez never managed to land one flush. 

That uppercut that floored Ramirez was an absolute doozy, Ramirez was nearly going back to his family without a head. All I heard from American/Mexican pundits in the build up to this fight was that Taylor wouldn’t be able to take the win if he met Ramirez in the middle, and his only hope was to box and move. No doubt Ramirez’s best work was from that mid range but Taylor was so much stronger boxing in the inside.  Lost count of how many times he leaned in looking like he was about to throw those short, sharp shots on the inside but then used his shoulder to push Ramirez back and catch him as they broke. 

Getting excited now. If Taylor becomes undisputed at 140lb in only his 18th pro fight, surely he becomes one of Britain's top 3 fighters ever?
According to that muppet Tom English he is only the 8th best Scottish fighter in history