Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

That ring is in his garden. Wilder only needs a few wee adjustments IMO to be back and mode dangerous. AJ got battered by Ruiz, came back and simply used his reach to easily beat him. Andy Lee pointed out to Fury that Wilder ignores his coaches and forgets to jab to the body and was able to simply jump on him. Not saying he beats Fury but a Wilder who turns up properly coached and ready to accept a strategy is a fighter I’d be excited to see. 

That ring is in his garden. Wilder only needs a few wee adjustments IMO to be back and mode dangerous. AJ got battered by Ruiz, came back and simply used his reach to easily beat him. Andy Lee pointed out to Fury that Wilder ignores his coaches and forgets to jab to the body and was able to simply jump on him. Not saying he beats Fury but a Wilder who turns up properly coached and ready to accept a strategy is a fighter I’d be excited to see. 
I dont dislike Wilder. Think he us a fun watch, but coming back from a crushing loss, on the back of a draw in which he was mostly outboxed is a difficult thing. Asking him to grow into a smart and technical boxer in one camp is a huge ask, but Fury takes you to the trenches and I suspect wven if Wilder could come with a gameplan that was effective, he would be reverting to type fairly early in the fight.

It is important to remember though that he can turn anyones lights out with one shot, so he can never be fully written off. He probably only does that to Fury 2 times out of every ten though.

Still think he would blast AJ out though.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont dislike Wilder. Think he us a fun watch, but coming back from a crushing loss, on the back of a draw in which he was mostly outboxed is a difficult thing. Asking him to grow into a smart and technical boxer in one camp is a huge ask, but Fury takes you to the trenches and I suspect wven if Wilder could come with a gameplan that was effective, he would be reverting to type fairly early in the fight.

It is important to remember though that he can turn anyones lights out with one shot, so he can never be fully written off. He probably only does that to Fury 2 times out of every ten though.

Still think he would blast AJ out though.

Always thought Wilder would wipe out the old weightlifter AJ but I like the look of him since his loss. What a scrap that could be. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and Wilder is copying Fury’s lovely up on the toes jabs as he moves. 

He’ll probably take a whopping step aside fee and take on someone who is still vibrating from the last time he laid them out.

Always thought Wilder would wipe out the old weightlifter AJ but I like the look of him since his loss. What a scrap that could be. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and Wilder is copying Fury’s lovely up on the toes jabs as he moves. 
He’ll probably take a whopping step aside fee and take on someone who is still vibrating from the last time he laid them out.
Yeah the step aside is the no brainerest of no brainer moves.

Get paid a fortune not to fight, demand to be next in line, schedule a fight for when it would have been anyway and make another, smaller fortune knocking over some scrubber and looking good.

Yeah the step aside is the no brainerest of no brainer moves.

Get paid a fortune not to fight, demand to be next in line, schedule a fight for when it would have been anyway and make another, smaller fortune knocking over some scrubber and looking good.
[emoji848]He could pocket the cash & take on Usyk in the undercard?[emoji362] Winners all round![emoji2371]

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

emoji848.pngHe could pocket the cash & take on Usyk in the undercard?emoji362.png Winners all round!emoji2371.png

Na, hel take a stay busy IMO. He isbalready going to get paid a fortune to not fight AJ or Fury, so it would make no sense to fight a guy that could make him look silly. He will fight a Breazeale level guy, KO1, then demand the big title fight, which if he is smart, will have already been agreed. 

Malik Scott, the ultimate yes man, is Wilders new head trainer. Dont see any drastic improvements happening.

A side note, his fight with Luis Ortiz was about the worst I've ever watched.

Does anyone give Ramirez a chance tomorrow? I just don't think this is even a competitive fight from what I have seen of both. Taylor is better in every single department and will do an easy job on him tomorrow I feel..

Shame absolute no one cares eh? Broadcasters, the general public and so on not a hoot is given on the eve of such a massive occasion for Josh Taylor.

18 hours ago, Detournement said:

If Fury just had a real trainer rather than Ben The Brain Davidson he would have smashed Wilder on the inside in the first fight as well and we wouldn't be having this problem. 

If Fury hadn't spent the majority of the first fight clowning around, he wouldn't be having this problem.

15 hours ago, Neilly said:

Does anyone give Ramirez a chance tomorrow? I just don't think this is even a competitive fight from what I have seen of both. Taylor is better in every single department and will do an easy job on him tomorrow I feel..

Shame absolute no one cares eh? Broadcasters, the general public and so on not a hoot is given on the eve of such a massive occasion for Josh Taylor.

I must have only seen good bits of Ramirez as for me this is Taylor’s toughest ever test and as close to a 50/50 as he’s had. About 50.1 - 49.9 in Taylor’s favour IMO. Had no fears for him against Prograis (too wee, not fit enough), the Thai lad (too vulnerable to the body) but Ramirez is bigger and stronger than anyone he has faced in recent years (Ramirez looks like he must drop a fair bit to get to fighting weight). Taylor was fantastic at rushing Prograis and using his shoulder to bash him about and tee him up and Ramirez will be trying to do that to Taylor. Taylor’s footwork going to be his key to victory IMO. Hope he does it but this is the first time I’ve not been confident he’ll win. 

Whilst Ramirez camp appeared calm & collected at, & after, the weigh in + rammy, Taylor's could only be best described as chaotic. But no more classy as he was v Prograis.