Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

22 hours ago, supermik said:

Just found out that the boxing subscription site DAZN which is covering the Canelo fight is only £1.99 a month. It can be cancelled at any time. Wonder if it will stay the same price when Eddie Hearn moves his fighters over to them when his Sky deal finishes.

It absolutely won't so enjoy it while it lasts. It's a no brainer really at that price I've had it since it became available and there's been a few decent cards on and various other content which is ridiculous really at the price point.

Probably be closer to a tenner once DAZN starts doing the UK shows I would think.

Any word on what UK channel Taylor Ramirez will be shown on? Thought that would have been finalised by now and the promotion would be ramping up.

This fight seems to be flying under the radar a bit, the guys in my work that take an interest in boxing couldn’t even tell you when it was happening. 

37 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Any word on what UK channel Taylor Ramirez will be shown on? Thought that would have been finalised by now and the promotion would be ramping up.

This fight seems to be flying under the radar a bit, the guys in my work that take an interest in boxing couldn’t even tell you when it was happening. 

Fite TV

45 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Fite TV

I seen that on Google but surely we aren’t going to have a British world champion fighting in a unification and not have one of our major broadcasters picking it up? TopRank seem to have ties to Warren so I assumed it was going to be on BT, not some glorified YouTube channel. Poor show if that turns out to be the case. 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

I seen that on Google but surely we aren’t going to have a British world champion fighting in a unification and not have one of our major broadcasters picking it up? TopRank seem to have ties to Warren so I assumed it was going to be on BT, not some glorified YouTube channel. Poor show if that turns out to be the case. 

Could it be that he's as popular in the boxing world as he is on social media?

9 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Did have a look at BT Sport but UFC is scheduled for 1 that night.

BT were set to show the last Frampton fight until it was rescheduled for Dubai and then on fight week it was eventually picked up by Channel 5 and I'm sure they also did similar with Santa Cruz v Davis.

Possibly same thing could happen here.  

Lopez Lomachenko was on Fite TV, am fucked if I remember any feedback regarding the coverage etc. I'd have thought it would have been on BT as well but no dice. 13 quid I seen prices yesterday I think? Heehaw undercard and Taylor is a throbber but love watching him fight, deal me in.

I don't pay much attention to boxing but saw Saunders doing an interview there where he continually told the interviewer his breath smelled like shit before answering every question. Really embarrassing and shows him as a complete arsehole. I hope he loses badly.

I don't pay much attention to boxing but saw Saunders doing an interview there where he continually told the interviewer his breath smelled like shit before answering every question. Really embarrassing and shows him as a complete arsehole. I hope he loses badly.
Nothing new for BJS, he is a complete tool.

1 hour ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I put a bet on this but I can never work out what time the fight will start at, might set the alarm to watch it. What is the estimate timewise for Canelo fight

Ring walk will be around 4am at the earliest according to some sources

Can see 2 possible outcomes tonight.

Saunders gets stopped late or he runs the whole fight, throws the odd tippy tap shots off the back foot, Canelo doesn't land much and Saunders claims he got robbed when he loses a wide UD.

I cant even see Saunders running for more than 5 rounds, I may be wrong as I havent seen loads of saunders but tried to catch up last few days what I saw made me think hes an average fighter. 

I watched the face off and anyone wearing sunglasses isnt a great sign that along with trying to get the ring size to 24 feet makes me think hes already beat

as a side note im one of the worst predicter of any sports 

4 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

Half way in and Saunders starting to really stick it on Canelo now. Canelo swiping fresh air and Saunders cracking him with some decent shots. Worth getting up at this stupid time for. 

Apart from the fifth Saunders has barely landed. 

Froch should be banned from TV.