Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

1 minute ago, IrishBhoy said:

Was going to reply seriously there, but there’s no way you really believe that. Anyone who shares a picture claiming that the Covid vaccine is ‘guaranteed to make you sterile’ either has severe mental problems, or is a massive massive idiot. I don’t think Taylor has severe mental problems. 

Genuinely don't care about any boxers thoughts on the current pandemic.

13 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Genuinely don't care about any boxers thoughts on the current pandemic.

That’s fine, if that’s your view on it. 

The stuff he has shared has crossed a line recently. There will be people that are fans of Josh Taylor out there, repeating these lies that he is sharing on his social media just because they look up to him. Having the arrogancy to try and belittle people for wearing a mask, call people that get the vaccine sheep, and actively try and convince people not to get vaccinated by spreading blatant lies about the side effects is just morally wrong IMO. That’s not even mentioning the fact that the guy is a fucking boxer, who until about 3 months ago couldnt have spelt the word vaccine. 

I won’t be back at any of his fights, having attended the last 4 that were in Scotland. Won’t deny he’s a great boxer, but I won’t be contributing to his bank account again. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

Also, Canelo fighting Yildrim [emoji15] that will be a good match up. 

When I seen it announced on Eddie Hearns Twitter I sat trying to think where I had seen Yildrim before. Went on Boxrec and see that he has a loss on his record at the hands of Chris Eubank Jr. That was a few years ago now, and for the sake of his own health I hope he has improved drastically since that fight as Eubank absolutely pasted him. 

Also good to see Lee McGregor getting his fight with Guerfi sorted in Dubai. Kash Farooq fights at the start of April, so there’s a slim chance we could see that rematch around July/August time, they both seem to want it. 

I’m not a fan of the way he handles business outside the ring (amazing inside obv), but tbf to Canelo, he just fought a very live opponent a month ago, and is going again in a month whilst planning fighting another twice this year (injury permitting). As long as it’s a decent test in May and September I’m ok with an easier fight like Yildrim to keep him ticking over.

Would absolutely love to see McGregor and Farooq go again. First one was a great fight (although I thought Kash won), and couldn’t see a rematch being anything else.

8 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I’m not a fan of the way he handles business outside the ring (amazing inside obv), but tbf to Canelo, he just fought a very live opponent a month ago, and is going again in a month whilst planning fighting another twice this year (injury permitting). As long as it’s a decent test in May and September I’m ok with an easier fight like Yildrim to keep him ticking over.

Would absolutely love to see McGregor and Farooq go again. First one was a great fight (although I thought Kash won), and couldn’t see a rematch being anything else.

I thought Kash won as well, although it was a close fight and McGregor boxed to a very high level as well. Think most neutrals preferred Farooqs style, and was signed by Hearn after the fight even though he didnt get the decision. I’ve said before on here Farooq trains out the same gym I go to. He is absolutely non stop, his work ethic and lifestyle is world class, sheer dedication to the sport. If he doesn’t get to that world level it won’t be through the lack of trying. 

I’m arguing with him on Twitter now. His assertion is that the doctors and experts are being paid by Governments to spin their lines, for...reasons. He, of course, has zero evidence to back up this claim.

He’s not just an idiot, he’s a dangerous idiot. No one expects boxers to be role models, they’re in a sport where causing harm to your opponent is the only way to progress after all, but you do want them to be semi decent human beings. Sadly, it increasingly appears that Taylor isn’t one.
Just read his tweets there. He really is an absolute fucking nugget. Would actually go as far to say I hope he gets beat in the near future cause he is a complete arse. Won't be going to any of his fights in future.

17 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:
4 hours ago, J_Stewart said:
I’m arguing with him on Twitter now. His assertion is that the doctors and experts are being paid by Governments to spin their lines, for...reasons. He, of course, has zero evidence to back up this claim.

He’s not just an idiot, he’s a dangerous idiot. No one expects boxers to be role models, they’re in a sport where causing harm to your opponent is the only way to progress after all, but you do want them to be semi decent human beings. Sadly, it increasingly appears that Taylor isn’t one.

Just read his tweets there. He really is an absolute fucking nugget. Would actually go as far to say I hope he gets beat in the near future cause he is a complete arse. Won't be going to any of his fights in future.

Those tweets aren’t even some of his most deranged work, remarkably. I can’t find it now as it was on his Instagram story, but he shared a list of side effects from the Covid vaccine that had to be seen to be believed. 

I was going to say something similar with regards to hoping he gets beat now, but I actually don’t. I won’t be buying tickets but I will try and appreciate him as a boxer. 

A tick over fight is fine for a 3 fight year IMO.

3 fights should be the minimum for me, and box office can GTF for such fights. But yeah, ok with this if it plays as you describe.

Two fights a year becoming the norm is pathetic at the top level

See that Yildrim lost his last fight to Dirrell, so I assume he hasn’t worked his was into any sort of mandatory position. Has he just been picked as an opponent to get Canelo in to the ring? I think I heard this is the first of a 2 fight deal Canelo has got with Hearn, seems like a particularly low quality opponent if that’s the case. I take it that the fight will be on DAZN and not PPV in Britain. Not a fight to get too excited about any case. 

4 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Those tweets aren’t even some of his most deranged work, remarkably. I can’t find it now as it was on his Instagram story, but he shared a list of side effects from the Covid vaccine that had to be seen to be believed. 

I was going to say something similar with regards to hoping he gets beat now, but I actually don’t. I won’t be buying tickets but I will try and appreciate him as a boxer. 

He shared this:

20210123_223538.jpg.b9bc1778cce3c4ea7900c0ded569f702.jpg

1 hour ago, JMDP said:

He shared this:

20210123_223538.jpg.b9bc1778cce3c4ea7900c0ded569f702.jpg

Certain sterility? 🤔If only that had been an available alternative before I got my knackers clattered. 🤷‍♂️

A simple alternative to the  jags in your 'nads, before what felt like a ton weight being hung on your bollocks for an hour & a half.🤐

Never mind the agony when the anaesthetic wore off!🥴

Mind you, I had to self isolate from my work on the sick afterwards & there was no way anybody was getting within 2m of my plums during that time.

.😂🤣😂

Edexcel FP1 - May 14th, 2015 [Exam discussion thread] - Page 37 - The  Student Room

Edited by kiddy

As talented as he is at boxing, Taylor clearly suffers from mental deficiency possibly due to getting punched in the head his entire life.
Not a particularly likeable person, who also happens to also be a racist fuckwit. Surely many potential sponsors will look at him and think it’s not worth the hassle.

Surely MTK should be stepping in and having a word with Taylor? His constant pish is tiresome and he will be losing fans and sponsors by the day with all that nonsense.

He doesn't have a massive fan base as it is and this isn't going to help matters in trying to increase his profile for the right reasons. Not a great look all this after attacking that foreign lad last year which for a boxer is the ultimate sign of being an absolute scumbag.

He's probably my favourite fighter but it becomes hard to invest in someone when they are such a clown.

Sky running stories about how Jake and Logan Paul have "changed boxing forever".

f**k the f**k off with that shit. They are absolutely nothing to do with boxing. Sky giving and credence to their pantomimes in terms of the actual sport of boxing is an embarrassment.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Sky running stories about how Jake and Logan Paul have "changed boxing forever".

f**k the f**k off with that shit. They are absolutely nothing to do with boxing. Sky giving and credence to their pantomimes in terms of the actual sport of boxing is an embarrassment.

Eddie Hearn seems to be embracing these circus acts as well, so that could be why Sky are starting to try and hype it too. Anytime he is asked about Logan Paul, KSI etc. he always mentions the PPV numbers they do, apparently it done more than Joshua Ruiz. It’s a disservice to the sport to call them boxers, but they seem to have literally millions of fans out there willing to pay £20 to watch them fight. If Eddie can make a few quid sticking on a PPV at the o2, then we can expect to see Sky treating these fights like a world title unification bout. 

Eddie Hearn seems to be embracing these circus acts as well, so that could be why Sky are starting to try and hype it too. Anytime he is asked about Logan Paul, KSI etc. he always mentions the PPV numbers they do, apparently it done more than Joshua Ruiz. It’s a disservice to the sport to call them boxers, but they seem to have literally millions of fans out there willing to pay £20 to watch them fight. If Eddie can make a few quid sticking on a PPV at the o2, then we can expect to see Sky treating these fights like a world title unification bout. 
Whilst that is true, the same tens of millions of people regularly tune in to watch these idiots playing games, opening their mail etc, so they can be dismissed as being in any way new or potential boxing fans. I get what you are saying and boxing is all about the coin from promoter side, but let's not call these people boxers. All they are is mules for people like Hearn to make more money. Fucking cringeworthy to see a sports channel* talking them up.

*I get that SSN is basically Sky advertising.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whilst that is true, the same tens of millions of people regularly tune in to watch these idiots playing games, opening their mail etc, so they can be dismissed as being in any way new or potential boxing fans. I get what you are saying and boxing is all about the coin from promoter side, but let's not call these people boxers. All they are is mules for people like Hearn to make more money. Fucking cringeworthy to see a sports channel* talking them up.

*I get that SSN is basically Sky advertising.

Agree with everything your saying, I wouldn’t walk to the end of my street to watch two YouTubers fight. But even if Hearn was to come out and call it for the pantomime that it is, there would be a queue of promoters waiting to step in and make a sizeable amount of money in the process. 

I grudge paying a Sky subscription, their Scottish football (Rangers and Celtic away games) output is a joke, but they have the golf, darts and F1 coverage which I do enjoy watching. As you say, Sky Sports News is just an advertising vehicle for them. You wouldn’t know that any other boxers exist if they aren’t signed to Matchroom, they aren’t a ‘news’ channel in any shape or form.