Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Was a competitive fight but that looked a sickener to the body to finish.
I wonder if Campbell could have stepped on him in the second and tried to close the show when he had him down?
Not sure where Campbell goes from here. I think he's just a level below these top guys at lightweight and will not quite get the world title he wants.
Campbell was beaten before he got in the ring, far too defensive. After he sat Garcia on his arse he should have imposed himself & broke Garcia's heart. The same way Honeyghan did Curry's. Instead he let round after round drift away & his opponent settle back into his groove; knowing he'd taken the Brit's best shot & got up from it.

Garcia will get violently iced off either Davis or Lopez. I'm convinced he is packing a glass jaw, he hasn't been in with one fighter with decent power.
Forgot about Davis too. Garcia will get smoked by either.

Is Garcia America’s Amir Khan?? I do believe he’ll fight anyone but seems to have little punch resistance, has blistering hand speed, great combinations and imo one of the best check left hooks! Does he trouble Lopez, Haney or Tank?? Not sure he does and I can see him being demolished by Lopez and Tank

I’m not really getting the glass jaw shouts. He was floored by a solid punch that landed cleanly, bounced straight back up and won the fight convincingly. He’s a bit wild and gets hit a fair bit, but something he can learn from.
That said, Lopez beats him convincingly, tank possibly but I don’t think Haney does. Will Lopez still be around at 135 to find out, I doubt it.

Nowhere near ready for the likes of Lopez or Tank.  Not sure about glass jaw, he's been carefully cultivated by GBP to be the next De la Hoya or Alvarez by building highlight reel material for his IG following.  They're targeting the casual market heavily with him.  Dazn commentary was brutal by the way, on a level with Sky.

1 hour ago, JMDP said:

Josh Taylor having another normal day on his Instagram stories. 

I unfollowed him on there and Twitter this morning. Just too much stupidity to deal with.  I know we've all said it before, but it makes it so difficult to invest in the guy.

I was a huge Ricky Burns fan, and it was easy to be. A hard working, fairly talented Scottish boxer who wrung out every last drop of his abilities whilst being a genuinely great guy, and who became a 3-weight world champion. Taylor, on the other hand, has absolutely every physical and technical advantage over Burns, is in the top 10 p4p list in less than 20 fights, and should conceivably be on his way to being Scotland's equivalent of Conor McGregor (not in terms of charisma, etc, but someone a whole small country can get behind and be a legitimate household name), and yet, he's not, because he's just so fucking unlikeable.

Someone in his management team or at matchroom needs to take his phone off him and change his social media passwords as a minimum.  

I unfollowed him on there and Twitter this morning. Just too much stupidity to deal with.  I know we've all said it before, but it makes it so difficult to invest in the guy.
I was a huge Ricky Burns fan, and it was easy to be. A hard working, fairly talented Scottish boxer who wrung out every last drop of his abilities whilst being a genuinely great guy, and who became a 3-weight world champion. Taylor, on the other hand, has absolutely every physical and technical advantage over Burns, is in the top 10 p4p list in less than 20 fights, and should conceivably be on his way to being Scotland's equivalent of Conor McGregor (not in terms of charisma, etc, but someone a whole small country can get behind and be a legitimate household name), and yet, he's not, because he's just so fucking unlikeable.
Someone in his management team or at matchroom needs to take his phone off him and change his social media passwords as a minimum.  
I have also unfollowed him on twitter due to the utter shite he posts. Like you say he really should be a Scottish Superstar of sport but he is so fucking unlikeable with the shite he comes out with.

He should be trying to keep his nose clean (no pun intended) after what went on at that nightclub the other year and keeping his opinions to himself but he just keep posting this shite. Can't see me ever going to see one of his fights again.

Said it before on here but we shouldn't just boxers by their personalities outside of the ring when they've chosen to earn a living trying to take another man's head of his shoulders basically.  
Boxing is a wee bit rife for fanboyism. I think its yet another aspect of modern boxing which has been made worse by Floyd Mayweather. The whole boxing world, especially in America divided itself into team Floyd or team Pac when those two were dancing around eachother and it's something you see a lot of from fans of other fighter... Why should X take Y around of money to fight Z etc...

Some of the greatest fighters of all time have been some pretty unsavoury cats. I cant be a fan of Josh Taylor the person, but I can certainly hope that he remains in the mix at the top of the 140lb division because I would loom forward to watching him fight anyone of the top names.

I think it is fairly safe to say you don't have to particularly like a guy with form for racism who spreads disinformation about COVID tbh.

Same as you can enjoy the sport of boxing but not like Mayweather knocking women about. 

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
56 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:
Kovalev fails a drugs test, testing positive for synthetic testosterone. That’ll be the last we see of him then.

He was absolutely finished anyway tbf. Was a decent watch sometimes but absolutely hated someone standing up to him, a la Andre Ward.

Andre Ward pretty much finished his career anyway, this will be the final nail.  A fighter I loved watching in his prime, but a horrible human being. 

14 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Andre Ward pretty much finished his career anyway, this will be the final nail.  A fighter I loved watching in his prime, but a horrible human being. 

I'm not  huge fan of Ward outside the ring (this seems to be the thread theme currently) but I enjoyed the section he did with Rogan about the Kovalev fights. 

I remember the firdt time I ever seen Kovalev too... In the build up to him battering Nathan Cleverly. A bad man.