Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I listened to a Hearn interview this morning about his disgust of the result!

I love Lopez as a fighter but his dad is a fud!!!

He’s a total w****r. Very much in the Angel Garcia mould. Horrible.

Will need to watch it back again, but I 100% gave Lopez 1,3,4,5 and 12, 100% gave Loma 8,9,10 and 11, thought he did enough for 7, and Garcia did enough for 2 and 6, giving the 7-5 Lopez. As I said, if being generous you could give Loma one of 2 or 6 (or both) but I think that’d be very generous.

It was a bit like the first Chocolatito - Sor Rungvisai fight (in terms of the fighters themselves rather that the fight, Lopez is considerably more skilled and has a much higher ceiling that SR). Hugely skilled boxing legend trying to test himself and cement his legacy by going up a weight that’s really too big for him against a guy that is just way, way more comfortable in that division.

I’d quite like to see a rematch to see if Loma would start faster and how that would effect things. When he pushed the pressure he did hurt Lopez on a couple of occasions and Lopez was demonstrably tiring, but equally, if he did, with Lopez size, reach and power, and what he learned last night, there’s every chance he could catch him clean on the way in early. Would be intriguing stuff. Shame there’s no rematch clause so unlikely to happen.

He’s a total w****r. Very much in the Angel Garcia mould. Horrible.

Will need to watch it back again, but I 100% gave Lopez 1,3,4,5 and 12, 100% gave Loma 8,9,10 and 11, thought he did enough for 7, and Garcia did enough for 2 and 6, giving the 7-5 Lopez. As I said, if being generous you could give Loma one of 2 or 6 (or both) but I think that’d be very generous.

It was a bit like the first Chocolatito - Sor Rungvisai fight (in terms of the fighters themselves rather that the fight, Lopez is considerably more skilled and has a much higher ceiling that SR). Hugely skilled boxing legend trying to test himself and cement his legacy by going up a weight that’s really too big for him against a guy that is just way, way more comfortable in that division.

I’d quite like to see a rematch to see if Loma would start faster and how that would effect things. When he pushed the pressure he did hurt Lopez on a couple of occasions and Lopez was demonstrably tiring, but equally, if he did, with Lopez size, reach and power, and what he learned last night, there’s every chance he could catch him clean on the way in early. Would be intriguing stuff. Shame there’s no rematch clause so unlikely to happen.

The no rematch clause baffled me... or was he overly confident??

I would love to see Lopez v Tank but looking more likely to be Haney! Loma never looked comfortable when he was caught and especially to the body, out the first 6 I maybe gave Loma the 2 and a few pick Um rounds later on but 9,10,11 was all Loma he just couldn’t get started and that was down to Lopez being excellent!

Yup that’s exactly who I compare to him and angel is a horrid wee person! Both fighters are likeable but as soon as they are with their dads they become complete arseholes but Americans buy into all that nonsense!

BJ Saunders fighting Martin Murray (who's ranked 12 by the WBO) Dec 4.
Naw, really, that's what Eddie's dishing up.

I used to really like Martin Murray as a fighter, about 8 or 9 years ago. Then he fell away and became non relevant. That was about 4 or 5 years ago maybe. I genuinely didnt know he was still fighting.

Usyk looks in fantastic shape. Giving away three stone to Chisora but really don't think that matters so much.Can see it being a similar contest to the Bellew fight. 
Yes, but with Chisora tiring and getting wild much sooner. He is tailor made for Usyk really. Seen Bellew talking midweek about Usyks footwork and not having an answer for it. Chisora is game but I suspect he will be worn out quickly by one of the most intelligent fighters there is.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:
Usyk looks in fantastic shape. Giving away three stone to Chisora but really don't think that matters so much.Can see it being a similar contest to the Bellew fight. 

Yes, but with Chisora tiring and getting wild much sooner. He is tailor made for Usyk really. Seen Bellew talking midweek about Usyks footwork and not having an answer for it. Chisora is game but I suspect he will be worn out quickly by one of the most intelligent fighters there is.

Chisora maybe just had a big lunch/breakfast as he's heavy but didn't look as weightliftery as last time out, like he has been training for 12 rounds rather than to wipe out David Price within a few rounds. Don't think it will go as long as that Bellew fight either but expect Chisora to come out like a grizzly and just go for Usyk and land a few heavy blows early on until he rounds out of energy and talent. 

3 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

No it doesn’t but if you can be chastised for doing it why should that be any different?! Doesn’t bother me but can’t all be a one way street

As part of the ongoing efforts to punt all forms of racism, aye, I agree he shouldnt be doing it. More to prevent gammon whataboutery and avoid empowering racists then because its racist IMO. 

More folk probably need to just have a wee think about whether what they are about to do will help or harm the cause of eliminating racism. Stuff like this harms it because it drags the conversation off on a tangent that's pretty convenient for..... well racists mostly.