Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Just now, kiddy said:

I thought it was close.

Are you on an E? It wasn’t even close he got absolutely outclassed every single round apart from the first. Terry O Connor had Ritson 6 rounds up, there is absolutely no explanation for that other than he is an absolute crook. 

5 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I just thought too many rounds were just drifting away with Ritson not showing enough & Vasquez boxing within himself.

Fair enough, it wasn’t a domination. I may have jumped in a bit head first, but I would love Terry O Connor to be made to walk everyone through what he seen to have Ritson 6 rounds up. It’s not the first time he’s had scarily wide cards in favour of a matchroom fighter. Infact it wasn’t even the first time on this card, as he had Ward 4 rounds up on Essomba. There is genuinely no other explanation other than he’s massively biased in favour of matchroom fighters. It’s a genuine scandal, Vazquez has just been robbed of a win and an unknown amount of future earnings. 

8 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Genuinely think this could be a fight of the year contender tonight. Been built really well and while I think Loma will win with a late stoppage, be comfortable from the half way point, and put on a bit of a show, there could be a few scares for him early with Lopez looking to start fast and pressure. Will definitely be trying to wake up for it and certainly don’t begrudge paying a tenner for a fight of this quality.

I would pay a tenner to watch Lomachenko from the shins down. He’s the master. 

Some scrap that.  Big fan of Joe Cortez as the video ref overrulling with the knock down, after the ref said it was a slip.

Main man is up next though, is Loma time.

Also, Lopez really needs to sort his teeth out.

Edited by MONKMAN

Saucedo and Barboza in a decent brawl here after 3 rounds.

Really enjoyed it. Amazing how the slip being overruled to a knockdown seemed to completely change Barboza’s mentality for the last three rounds as he was starting to look pretty fatigued. Deserving winner in the end.

Just now, J_Stewart said:

Really enjoyed it. Amazing how the slip being overruled to a knockdown seemed to completely change Barboza’s mentality for the last three rounds as he was starting to look pretty fatigued. Deserving winner in the end.

Ridiculous amount of punches being thrown in the first half of the fight.

Yup, too big and too skilled. I had it 7-5 Lopez (6-6 if being really generous to Loma, but I don’t think so...119-109 is ludicrous). I’ve no doubt Lomachenko’s game plan was to start slow and build from about round 3, but while Lopez was so fresh he just couldn’t get in range to work due to Lopez size and ability to counter. His body work early on was really good too. I hadn’t given nearly enough credence to what a difference there would be in size, Lopez looked like a middleweight in comparison. Would imagine we’ll see him move up to 140 soon.

Interesting to see where Loma goes now. Common sense would be back down a division where the size disparity isn’t such an issue, but just not sure there’s enough of a challenge there for him.

Well can’t argue with the result but 119-109 was outrageous...

I fancied a Lopez win to be honest but it was a close fight in the end! Took Loma 7 rounds to get anything out the fight but credit to Lopez as he never let Loma get in range but I think he was concerned about the power Lopez carried!

Would we be interested in Taylor v Lopez if Lopez moves up?