Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

What happens when two guys moderately high up in their division just decide “f**k it, we’ll defend with our chins”?

Huge fun is what happens.

Zepeda - Baranchyk last night, cannot stress enough how much you should watch this fight. Probably knockout of the year as well. Wild

f**k sake.

Baranchyk is a wee bull but all those early rounds of throwing absolutely everything into bomb after bomb has undone him there. Credit to Zepeda too for knock being disheartened with the KDs and sticking to his task. Once he started finding a home for hard straight shots down the middle the tide turned and the ending is spectacular.

Baranchyk really needs to learn to to manage his fuel a bit better though. You can see how wound up those big wide hooks are early on and not getting Zepeda out having expended so much ultimately was disastrous for him.

Confirmed last night that it’s going to be on FITE TV. £9.99 to buy.

Shite from sky and BT Sport that they’ve not picked this up.

Superb, to be honest I thought itv may have shown it but very disappointed sky / BT never picked this up!l!!

Very intriguing fight, may have a wee punt on a Lopez stoppage!

4 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Jack Catterall has agreed to step aside his mandatory for Ramirez’s WBO title, so Taylor and Ramirez looking likely to fight for all the belts.

Bad move IMO, as whoever wins the Undisputed title will immediately vacate, move up & the titles fragment again.

Had he forced the defence, & beaten Ramirez, it would have been him facing Taylor; in a mega fight for everything.

Edited by kiddy

4 hours ago, kiddy said:

Bad move IMO, as whoever wins the Undisputed title will immediately vacate, move up & the titles fragment again.

Had he forced the defence, & beaten Ramirez, it would have been him facing Taylor; in a mega fight for everything.

No, its a good move.

No one wants to see Ramirez vs Catterall it's a complete waste of everyone's time. Now we can get the unification everyone wants to see and then they can both move up to 147 (Taylor will at least) and Catterall can fight for a vacant belt against what ever bum they pull out the rankings and go on a Liam Smith, Nathan Cleverlyesque WBO reign of terror.

Obviously I hope Josh beats Ramirez, and I think he will. He can then keep his word and fight Catterall. That should be an easy win considering who he (Josh) has beaten and can move up. Catterall, as long as he doesn’t get a total pasting, could then fight for the vacant title/s.
Anyone know if any UK broadcaster has picked up Loma v Lopez or will it be a stream job?

Fite TV for a tenner or stream joab aye.

Sky/BT getting a bit of stick for not picking up the Loma fight but really it would do shit numbers from their point of view. Aye, he's the best in the world to boxing observers but that isn't going to translate into much viewership at 4am Sunday morning.

I believe Loma/Campbell is the worst PPV numbers Sky have done in many years. No that it mattered to me as a wiz at the fight coz am a mad boaxin' fan.

Genuinely think this could be a fight of the year contender tonight. Been built really well and while I think Loma will win with a late stoppage, be comfortable from the half way point, and put on a bit of a show, there could be a few scares for him early with Lopez looking to start fast and pressure. Will definitely be trying to wake up for it and certainly don’t begrudge paying a tenner for a fight of this quality.

Good undercard on sky tonight, but Ritson coming up short again. Maybe best of British, but when you move up internationally he's found wanting. Vasquez boxing away, whilst under no real pressure. They're talking about putting him in with Prograis! [emoji85]

He's rated 2 with the WBA![emoji54]

Ritson is the classic matchroom hype job. Looks like a super star when he’s bodying area level fighters, but the minute they are forced to step up they get found out. However I would not be surprised at all if Ritson wins this on the scorecards. I’ve gave Ritson one round, 2 at an absolute push.