Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, Shandön Par said:
Good to know the lads in the shadowy syndicate take their plans from P&B. 

A freeby to the floating rib is the stuff dreams are made of. Be disappointed with any fighter not crippling their opponent under such circumstances

From the videos of the big Thai lad he looked so vulnerable to a body shot. I like how Josh just hunted that shot. No messing. 
ETA.. he should check some of Usyk’s training methods..

Edited by Shandön Par

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Just watched it on the 50". Don't know what the clowns on BT, are on about. That was a cracking shot to the body, that they knew would arise.

Haye, I lost because my toe hurt and Frampton, I can’t fight because my hand hurts accusing Khongsong of milking it. 

Shit fight, wasn’t overly convincing from either but I thought McKenna had done enough to win that.

On Josh Taylor, the guy’s a complete tit who I’m also finding it more difficult to support. I’ve been to most of his fights in the past few years but doubt I’ll go again.

8 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

On Josh Taylor, the guy’s a complete tit who I’m also finding it more difficult to support. I’ve been to most of his fights in the past few years but doubt I’ll go again.

I'm exactly the same. Prior to Saturday had been to his last four fights (and Braehead for the Davies fight before that), and it was great to see a talented young Scotsman doing so well, but he really is a complete cretin. It's the Artist v the Art debate really, in that I can still enjoy the music of some loathsome individuals, I can still enjoy watching Taylor box and hope he wins (more being that he's a highly skilled, vicious boxing machine representing Scotland rather than seeing him do well personally), whilst thinking he's a complete c**t anytime I see his name come up on social media.

Boxers should never, ever be looked at in the context of role models for wider societal issues (even if a lot of them have beaten abject poverty, gang culture, personal hardships, etc to make a life for themselves) but it's still a shame to see Taylor being such a w**k. Whereas Ricky Burns was (is) a great guy that I was genuinely excited to get behind, seeing Taylor win doesn't bring me anywhere near the same satisfaction.

31 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

seeing Taylor win doesn't bring me anywhere near the same satisfaction.

He seems genuinely puzzled about "not getting the recognition". With a recent change of management you'd have thought Arum or Warren would have confiscated his phone or at least told him to keep away from social media when drinking. He says he doesn't care what people think of them but also moans about not being loved. 

Shit fight, wasn’t overly convincing from either but I thought McKenna had done enough to win that.

What's Taylor done now

4 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Dat feeling when you’re about to take over the heavyweight division

Think it was in the replies, but it really does bear remember that this is one of the most dangerous men on the planet. Easily the most skilled heavyweight fighter there is, and he dances with the grace of a ballerina. 

The word baller was basically invented for this guy. 

What happens when two guys moderately high up in their division just decide “f**k it, we’ll defend with our chins”?

Huge fun is what happens.

Zepeda - Baranchyk last night, cannot stress enough how much you should watch this fight. Probably knockout of the year as well. Wild