Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I see Canelo and DAZN are getting into legal wrangles with DAZN claiming Canelo hasnt fought "premier opponents". Now I am cool with anyone who picks holes in Canelos diva bullshit.... Untill you see that DAZN consider ODLH, Khabib and Masvidal to be premier opponents [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] holy f**k man. Canelo would do horrific things to all 3 of them supposing they were all allowed in 1 after the other.

Pretty much a sub novice on this thread so you'll probably all have seen this but discovered on YouTube yesterday that Joyce and Usyk have already fought! In 2013 World Series of Boxing.

Thought this would have been a future world title fight. Excellent boxing. Wonder if Usyk can still move so well or if Joyce would have him now.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dewl1_92KFeQ&ved=2ahUKEwie6LeSkffrAhWwXhUIHXogD30QwqsBMAF6BAgKEAg&usg=AOvVaw3lqB8yNlgA_43mYpawDolH

Pretty much a sub novice on this thread so you'll probably all have seen this but discovered on YouTube yesterday that Joyce and Usyk have already fought! In 2013 World Series of Boxing.
Thought this would have been a future world title fight. Excellent boxing. Wonder if Usyk can still move so well or if Joyce would have him now.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dewl1_92KFeQ&ved=2ahUKEwie6LeSkffrAhWwXhUIHXogD30QwqsBMAF6BAgKEAg&usg=AOvVaw3lqB8yNlgA_43mYpawDolH
Joyce certainly seems quicker on his feet there than in recent fights. Usyk would do same to him again

Very impressed by Usyk. He beat Majidov in that series, who has just turned pro with Matchroom, and who beat Joshua when both were amateurs. Pedigree?

Usyk recovered quickly in the Majidov bout from a glancing blow to his, um, 'cup'; Lomachenko looking on from ringside.

Watched Barrera-Hamed highlights yesterday. I read that Hamed was well beyond his best by then, but Barrera seemed to try everything dirty to win the scrap - including turning Hamed 180, putting him in a headlock and slamming him into the turnbuckle! Not a gentleman!

Been trying to put the Tommy/flat earth/bouncer-baiting stuff out of mind and just look at Taylor the boxer for Saturday. Joining Davison looked a bit like a lads holiday. Camp gammon. But, to his credit, saw him on Boxing Social talk about how he felt he was neglecting some of the basics in his last couple of fights and getting hit too much. Be interesting to see if he can strike a balance between maintaining the tear-up style and being a bit more cautious and taking less clean hits. Against Prograis, in the last round he was taking hits he couldn't see coming and thought he might end up getting KO'd. 

Did you thing he beat Prograis? I’m a massive fan of him but imo he never won that fight, I leaned towards Prograis but I think a draw would of been fair! He has all the ability to be special but his lack of common sense may hold him back
It's all about opinions but I thought he won that fight clearly. I had him nicking the majority of the early rounds, taking control in the middle and - give or take - splitting the later rounds.

Having heard his interview earlier in the week, he's taking nothing for granted at the weekend but at 1/33 you'd be hoping for a fairly routine defence. Changing trainers after a career defining victory isn't the norm but with the way Josh fights I don't see it being a major issue and if he can iron out some of the kinks ie. getting hit tii much then all for the better.

Strong rumours that Pac v Conor will be this year in the Middle East.

What a fucking embarrassment that will be
And the thing is, hundreds of thousands of idiots (myself included) will pay to see it on the box. God I hate myself sometimes.

And the thing is, hundreds of thousands of idiots (myself included) will pay to see it on the box. God I hate myself sometimes.
Watching McGregor get absolutely annihilated in a boxing ring is worth a few quid tbh. And in the interest of fairness, I'd say the same about Pac or Floyd getting in the Octagon.

He was a fucking embarrassment against Floyd who absolutely carried him, and could/should have put his light out in 1. My only hope is that Pacquiao makes no such concession.

Mad that people get annoyed with McGregor making coin when Taylor is much more odious.
Shame he will cruise it tomorrow as he is a supremely talented boxer.
Taylor is a boxer. McGregor has as much business in a boxing ring with Manny Pacquiao as Logan Paul does with Floyd (also rumoured). This isnt people getting annoyed with Conors personality or antics, it's the sham that boxing is becoming, for me at least anyway.

Of course, Floyd before and Manny now have to take their huge share of the blame also for participating in this utter circus if it happens.

As for Taylor, it's a real shame what hes like outside the ring. He will always be a fantastic watch but really cant get behind him and be a fan because of it. Maybe (hopefully) one day he will educate himself and make good on some of the shit he comes away with but for now hes just an arse of a laddie