Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

It's a fantastic KO by Povetkin, luring Whye closer with his habit to lean forward before absolutely smashing him with the uppercut.

I had the fight all square going into the 5th. The first 2 Whyte wasnt doing too much and I prefer a more pro-active fighter which Povetkin was. 

Killer uppercut, that'll smash your jaw in. Fantastic to see Whyte do a runner and not want to talk to the media, gobshite. 

I had the fight all square going into the 5th. The first 2 Whyte wasnt doing too much and I prefer a more pro-active fighter which Povetkin was. 
Killer uppercut, that'll smash your jaw in. Fantastic to see Whyte do a runner and not want to talk to the media, gobshite. 
The back matchroom fighters to the hilt attitude of the sky commentary team irks me. I thought povetkin had the first two rounds clearly, third was close and 4th was clearly whyte but what last night showed again, is why boxing in particular is such a true definition of sport, a single moment can turn defeat into victory.

Sent from my J8210 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I don't see how you could possibly have scored the first three rounds to Povetkin. Round 1 was close, prob edged Povetkin. Round 2 and 3 were clear wins for Whyte though and obviously the 10-7 in the 4th. Guess it's all about opinions...

15 minutes ago, Cowshed Chris said:
25 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I don't see how you could possibly have scored the first three rounds to Povetkin. 

I don't see how you possibly can't read properly. 

Just now, Cowshed Chris said:
9 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:
I don't see how you possibly can't read properly. 

In what respect?

I had the fight all square going into the fifth. 

That means 4 rounds were completed. 

Half of four is two. 

2 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:
I had the fight all square going into the fifth. 
That means 4 rounds were completed. 
Half of four is two. 

Yes but round 4 was obviously a 10-7 round to whyte

Right enough, I've fucked up there. 

I wouldn't say he was a knob. I found him quite likeable too whenever I see him in any non-boxing related capacity. What does annoy me about him though are those bloody annoying howls he does. [emoji191]

Or the anal beads he wears at press conferences!!! He worked extremely hard to get where he has and I hope he gets a title shot..... don’t see him winning one but he deserves it

Kohngsong is aka Downua Ruawaiking (no idea why/what that's about). Not that many videos of him but from the ones I've seen, that go from last year back to about 2016, he generally gets the KO by wearing folk down. Tall beanpole figure (Taylor will be going for that long skinny body) but with big shoulders and tends to lean and lean on smaller guys to the point they are exhausted. Looks a bit slow and flat footed but he has a fast right uppercut which could trouble Taylor when he lunges forward. Totally different proposition to anyone he has fought in recent times anyway. Doesn't look anywhere near the skill level of Prograis/Taylor but there's one shot KO power there. Fancy a Taylor KO with a body shot. 

I think it’s fairly well known by now, that Josh Taylor is a tit.

Retweeting Tommy Robinson and Britain first, getting arrested for racially abusing a bouncer and generally coming across as a complete thicko. Shame, as he’s a supremely talented boxer.