Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Watching the boxing tonight. Good win for Chris Billam Smith, Hoppey Price looks a talent, but needs to fill out a bit & I've just watched an extremely poor corner ask their boxer how he feels & if he wants to box on, during Fowler/Harper. When they should have stopped their fighter from taking a beating.

On 04/08/2020 at 17:20, ayrmad said:

Not great to hear Ken Buchanan now in care with a memory that's failing. 

I've been asking about him, used to see him regularly around here. it's not looking good unfortunately. He's in a local care home, lockdown hasn't been good for him. 

6 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

I've been asking about him, used to see him regularly around here. it's not looking good unfortunately. He's in a local care home, lockdown hasn't been good for him. 

It's a well worn path for our more prominent ex pros unfortunately, I'm sure none of them would choose a different path. 

Edited by ayrmad

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

It's a well worn path for our more prominent ex pros unfortunately, I'm sure none of them would choose a different path. 

Not sure what's happening with his statue now, he said he wanted it outside the Omni rather than the bottom of the Walk. He wasn't in a good way before lockdown, guy I know used to write things in a diary for him to help keep him on track. Best British pro of all time imo. 

Traynor was a lot better than I expected him to be, but Frampton was just levels above, the body work that finished it in the 6th and 7th was quality.

Conlon was pretty lucky not to be DQ’ed. Think I counted seven low shots in the first five rounds and I think had it been the other way round, Takoucht wouldn’t have been given so much leeway. Saying that, Conlon looked pretty sharp and will be interesting to see him get his chance at world level.