Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I am good with this although I wouldnt pay for it. Would love to see the old timers do a global exhibition tour.

Imagine going somewhere in Glasgow to watch a press conference for Toney v B-Hop [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Make it happen.

30 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Meant to say Ian John Lewis should never be allowed to referee again. Wanting to count to 10, when a boxer has just been knocked spark out was utterly appalling.

That was terrible refereeing. How can an experienced guy like him look at that and think anything else but instant stoppage, the guy was never getting up. Luckily he wasn’t too seriously hurt, but if he was he has just delayed medical assistance that could be the difference between life and death. 

A wee mention to Rab Bannan who passed a few days ago. The amount of young people whose lives were made better by him keeping them on the straight and narrow with boxing is huge. Most people will know him as Ricky Burns' trainer but he did a power of community work in Coatbridge. A true gent.

I thought it was just a few year ago he was grumbling about making a ridiculous comeback because he was skint, but upon further googling, it was 11 year ago! Man time flies. Less than a year on from a decent wee interview in the Scotsman with him. https://www.scotsman.com/sport/boxing/interview-ken-buchanan-hibs-josh-taylor-going-full-circle-leith-getting-statue-himself-and-standing-princess-annes-toes-1401023